Chapter 49

Alexandria wrung her hands together in her lap as she twitched in her seat, Fleur stood behind her, humming softly as she put the last flower in Alexandria's curled hair.

"You look beautiful," Fleur spoke softly, "I'll start your makeup in--"

"Make sure it makes her eyes pop, yeah?"

Alexandria looked at the doorway where Vic was standing, his hair gelled into a mixture of blonde and brown spikes as usual. Alexandria got to her feet as best she could and walked over to Vic, hugging him tightly before taking a step back.

"I was worried--"

"I wouldn't make it? Nah, I had to get the finishing touches for your wedding," Vic winked.

Alexandria chuckled before sitting herself back on the small stool before Fleur began applying foundation to her cheeks. "Why aren't you in your robes yet?"

"I have plenty of time," Vic snorted, "I wanted to make sure you weren't freaking out."

"She did that before breakfast," Fleur chuckled.

"It's my wedding day," Alexandria pouted defensively.

"And you look breathtakingly beautiful, as always," Vic complimented, "I'm going to check on Freddie boy." He left without another word as Fleur capped the lipstick tube and gave a big smile.

"Come on and look at yourself," Fleur held out her hands for Alexandria to take, helping her over to the full length mirror in the corner of the room.

Alexandria's hair was curled and pulled away from her face, white flowers were pinned throughout the curls, leaving a nice fragrance in the air. Her makeup was simple, a thin line of black eyeliner that made her brown eyes pop and a light shading of pink on her lips that shimmered in the sunlight. The dress was tight around her chest all the way to her hips before fanning off in a mermaid tail made of white taffeta that reached the floor, the handstiched beading running the length of her torso.

"You look stunning," Fleur complimented, "Fred's a very lucky bloke."

Alexandria gave a small nod, wringing her hands again and looking at Fleur with a frown, "were you nervous?"

Fleur gave a comforting smile, "I was very nervous. But the moment I saw Bill...." her voice trailed off as she shrugged. "You'll understand."

"What if--"

"No, no. This is going to happen, you're just scared."

Alexandria took a deep breath, "how much longer?"

"About an hour," Fleur looked at the clock on the dresser and smiled, "I will be back for you, I want to check on something."

Alexandria nodded, beginning to pace slightly as she was left with her thoughts. She was getting married, married! It was hard to believe, and terrifying. Alexandria felt a bunch of nerves in the pit of her stomach that felt as if they were choking her slightly. She felt hot as she pushed the window open and let the cool autumn breeze touch her skin.

"Fred's heart may possibly stop when he sees you," George's voice cut through Alexandria's panic attack, making her jump slightly.

"You think so?" Alexandria chuckled, trying to act normal.

"Without a doubt, you look absolutely beautiful, Lex," George chuckled, stepping into the room, his hands in his robe pockets. "Nervous? Fred is going out of his mind, he's sweating so bad that we had to tell him to take off his dress robes to keep them looking nice."

Just knowing that Fred was nervous suddenly made Alexandria feel better about the wedding, her bundle of nerves felt smaller than it previously was just a few moments ago.