Chapter 37

The pain she felt was unbearable, constricting her chest with each passing breath. All happiness seeped from her mind being replaced with nothing but horrid thoughts and nightmares as time progressed. Her nails scraped against the ground and snapped from the brute force. The need for air was increasing but there was no relief as time progressed.

This was a torture much worse than death, being that even if Alexandria begged for mercy and to be destroyed, her wish would never be granted. Alexandria screamed in pain as she convulsed and cried, clutching her ribs as the feeling of someone squeezing her lungs and heart and crushing them so easily continued.

"please...Please just end this already," Alexandria sobbed out to no one but the dark.

But no one answered, instead the pain was increased tenfold causing Alexandria to scream out into the dark once again. Tears pooled down her face, gathering in small puddles beneath her face while she continued on her endeavor to breathe to no avail.

"Let me die, please...just end my misery," Alexandria sobbed even more.

Alexandria's sob was cut off with a sharp pain of needles through the chest before the pain around her heart increased. Clutching herself, Alexandria felt no comfort as she sobbed quietly into the ground, her hot tears falling quickly as she found no reason to resist the pain and give into unconsciousness.

The feeling of wanting to die intensified with each passing second, no happy thought crossed her mind as her chest constricted in a violent way that left her breathless. Her heart felt as if someone had taken hold of it and was slowly crushing it, stopping the blood at every point before the fragile organ was punctured like tissue paper. Her ribs felt weak and shaky as her chest moved in a painful rhythm.

She wanted so very much to die. There was no happiness. Nothing that could make her smile. Just pain and heartache surrounded her. All happy moments were replaced with dark nightmares, her tears pooled beneath her face as she sobbed into the darkness. Curling in a fragile ball in which would sometimes provide comfort, provided none as the pain worsened.

~*~*~

"I went to check on her this morning and she was covered in blood," Vic spoke emotionessly as he rested his hands on the counter.

"You didn't do anything?" George raised an eyebrow skeptically while folding a piece of paper.

Vic shrugged with a tight smile, "guess I'm still holding a little bit of a grudge."

Fred made a noise and turned away from the two, leaning down for something behind the counter, Vic began to bite his nails slightly. The shop was dead today, which he noticed was stressing the twins out even though neither said a word about it--it was the fourth day this week the shop had been like this.

"She's a big girl, she can take care of herself," Vic commented with a shrug.

Fred made a face before glaring at Vic, "get to work, Ryder."

Vic snorted, "I bet she'd love a visit from her favorite red head though."

"Get to work, Ryder," Fred muttered again.

"I'm serious, come over tonight," Vic pressed further.

Fred slammed his palms on the counter and frowned, "and so am I. Get to work."

Vic pouted as he rested his chin on his hand, "poor Freddie doesn't want to play, eh?"

"Vic, leave him alone," George scolded him sternly while Fred stormed away.

"What's his problem?" Vic scoffed, rolling his eyes and turning away.

"Alexandria has been refusing to talk to him and he's out of his mind over her and the problems with the shop combined...just stop mentioning her for a bit," George cautioned.