Chapter 16

Draco was back with more water, it was harder now to sit there with her shackles on her wrists, not wanting to reveal that she was no longer restrained. Alexandria wanted to keep up the impression that she was still tied down until she felt able to enact her escape plan. She was grateful he was here, it gave her company and it also gave her time to work on her plan. After Snape handed her the blood, she felt more confident that she could escape. All she needed to do was gather supplies first.

However, Alexandria needed to test something as she worked on her escape from this hell. A vampire had the ability to take another being under their command and demand them to do their bidding, Colleen and Peter had helped her perfect this ability. But it worked better with blood, unfortunately every drop was precious so Alexandria would have to go without as she tested her ability on Draco in order to get supplies and learn valuable things.

"You talk in your sleep, you know? I didn't think vampires needed sleep," Draco commented with a raised eyebrow, completely blind siding Alexandria one day as she sipped her water.

"I didn't ask to be this, I still do normal things..." Alexandria looked at him as she sipped the water and trying to hide her surprise at the same time. "What do I say then?"

Draco shook his head, looking very uneasy, Alexandria raised an eyebrow and frowned, "tell me what I say, Draco."

"Fred," Draco answered instantly. He looked uncertainly at her, as Alexandria tried to appear indifferent, "is he....Fred Weasley by any chance?"

Alexandria felt her blood run cold, she could keep her emotions in check but the silence that was lingering was a dead give away. Draco took that as a confirmation as he chuckled slightly. "And the truth comes out," he muttered.

If Alexandria had a pulse anymore, it would've picked up instantly and her heart would've broken into pieces just by hearing his name. But her heart had stopped months ago when she was brought here, she had tried to hear it or even feel it. But it had finally stopped beating after her change. However, that didn't stop her from feeling those familiar things hit her like a ton of bricks, as if she were still human, just by hearing his name. She'd dreamt about him every night, him appearing and saving her from this hell and running off with her.

"What will you do to him?" Alexandria looked at the clear liquid in her hands and shuddered slightly.

"Not sure."

"Leave him out of this," Alexandria whispered, desperation thick in her voice as she pleaded.

The cup was taken from her hands before Draco disappeared. What was going to happen to Fred if they ever got their hands on him? They wanted her to help them, if they managed to get their hands on him...she'd have no option but to help if it were going to save his life.

Alexandria had been so keen on testing her compulsion ability that she had been blind sided by Draco...she cursed herself as she pressed the vial between her palms.

~*~*~*

"Draco, will you tell me something?" Alexandria asked hoarsely. Draco looked at her and nodded as he tossed over a bit of bread, Alexandria sat up straighter and looked straight into his eyes, just how Peter had demonstrated countless times before. "Tell me I'm beautiful."

Something happened in Draco's stance, he was suddenly stiffer and his mouth was slightly opened. The compulsion had taken over him. "You're beautiful."

"Tell me you want to die."

"I want to die."

Alexandria grinned, clapping her hands together slightly. "Where exactly am I?"