Chapter 22

The rain was still falling when they pulled apart, both staring at one another, Fred more nervous than anything. He didn't know how Alexandria would react, when she stepped far away he felt slightly crestfallen.

"Still worried about what I'll do to you?" Fred asked as the rain came in heavy sheets, his heart pained.

"I'm sorry, I know everything is fine. But all my memories are messed up and it's hard for me to determine the lies from the truth," Alexandria looked guilty as she answered him.

"Well, for starters I haven't called you Alexandria since our first meeting. I think it's only been one other time when we were....alone," Alexandria smiled, feeling some progress toward fixing her memories. "Do you have any happy memories of me?" His heart fell when Alexandria shook her head sadly.

"Anything I can remember right now is people constantly have attacked me."

"let me show you the real memories of us together."

Alexandria frowned slightly, feeling nervous as Fred chuckled, "I promise you'll be happy I did."

Fred held out his hand for her, hoping she would take it but she was rather hesitant. He sighed and the two ran inside, their clothing dripping wet when they entered. Vic and George stood with identical knowing looks, smirking as they stood waiting for the two to enter. Before the two could say a word Fred led Alexandria into the living room where the pensieve sat unwatched.

The four of them sat around the kitchens laughing at something Vic said, Fred glanced over at Alexandria. Watching her eyes crinkle and her nose scrunch as she held her side slightly, her laugh made his heart flutter.

"Oi, did you hear we have ballroom classes next week?" Vic asked, digging into his bowl of pudding.

"Yes! I have the perfect dress for the ball too," Alexandria said excitedly. "But my dance classes start tomorrow."

"Who's teaching yours?" George asked, leaning back against the wall.

"Sprout....." Alexandria looked between the three, "oh my gosh! If it's our head of houses teaching us to dance that means-"

"Tell me you two have something so we can spy on the Slytherins," Vic asked excitedly.

"Oh I'm sure we do," Fred grinned.

Vic cleared his throat slightly, nodding his head toward George who immediately jumped to his feet. Alexandria looked down at her toast, nibbling absentmindedly as Vic and George moved to the other side of the kitchens.

"So you have the perfect dress?" Fred prodded Alexandria's knee with a finger, she looked up at him, nodding as she chewed.

"Oh come on!" Fred shot Vic a dry look, him and George watching from a far as Fred floundered the opportunity to ask Alexandria to the ball.

"Lex? Uhm...how about going to the ball with me?"

Alexandria choked on the piece of toast she was chewing, clearing her throat she nodded slightly. Her grin was wide as she got her voice back.

"I'd love that."

"So this DA thing....it sounds-"

"No debate, we're doing it."

"Leeexxxxx," Vic whined, "don't make me do more work."

Alexandria looked at Vic and had a silent conversation while Fred laughed, studying Alexandria as she fixed her winter hat on her head. "Is there something on my face?" Fred jumped as Alexandria frowned at him, an eyebrow raised as she waited for his answer.