Chapter 19

Christmas had come and gone and Alexandria was as close to reaching Colleen as she was the first day she had escaped Malfoy Manor. She couldn't just rush to the coven, Alexandria was worried what could happen to them if she were being followed. Her pack was void of food and now she was craving blood and a bath...she looked disgusting, every time she looked in a stream, she saw how much blood and dirt was caked onto her skin. Her hair was knotted and her roots were showing horribly underneath all the dirt and blood.

If anyone believed she was part Veela they would be shocked to see her in this state. Alexandria continued to crawl through the dense forest, it was relaxing to be surrounded by trees, but she still felt on edge as she leaned against a tree and began to shake. What was she going to do? No one wanted her around, she was vermin to everyone she'd met....Alexandria gripped the bark in her hands as she leaned against the tree, silently crying, hoping that death would come swiftly.

After all, she had no point in living if no one wanted her.

~*~*~

"Look at this, there's a new bounty on Alexandria."

"Think it's a mistake and that's an old copy?"

"No, it's new. This paper is from this morning."

Vic looked over at Fred and George as he leaned his back into the couch. There was a new bounty on Alexandria? That could only mean one thing...she had escaped the manor. George handed the paper over to his brother who looked at Vic from his chair, speechless.

"If she's out...where do you think she went?" Fred whispered.

"No idea, but I suggest we go on a little adventure," Vic said confidently, seeming to come back to himself as hope slowly filled his chest at the possibility of seeing his other half again.

"Where would she even go?" George questioned.

Vic smirked, he knew Alexandria. He knew exactly where she would go, Alexandria was his best friend after all. "We best be off though. We have a lot of ground to cover."

"Why don't we get a few other people with us and we can split up?" Fred suggested.

Vic thought about this for a moment and nodded once, "sounds logical. We should go in teams if we get enough people then."

Tonks, Lupin, Kingsley, and Bill Weasley sat around the living room looking skeptical. "What exactly is your plan?" Kingsely questioned.

"It's simple, why would they put another bounty out on Alexandria if she hadn't managed to escape where she was? If we split up and check the places I know she's bound to be, we can get her before anyone else does," Vic said yet again.

"This is rather risky," Lupin muttered, slowly shaking his head.

"We know that, but it's worth a shot. We can meet at another safe house before coming back here after searching," Vic pleaded. This was his first chance to finally recuse his friend, ideas of what state she was in crossed Vic's mind, each one sending a chill down his spine. "She would rescue any of you if it were you."

The adults looked at each other before nodding very slightly, "teams of two. Meet in an hour at Shell Cottage," Bill nodded.

Vic grinned and clapped his hands together, "let's go then!"

Vic walked through the dense forest, branches clogging his path as he continued deeper, there was a cliff soon. He remembered Alexandria and him finding this place the summer they had turned sixteen. They apparated to any place they could remember from their childhood, and when they came here, Alexandria was automatically in love with the landscape. There was a canyon that glittered with water in the sunlight and when the sun set...Alexandria loved it so very much.