Chapter 46

Were there always cracks in the ceiling? Alexandria let out a slow breath as she stared at the world above her, there were five cracks in total above her, Fred was snoring softly next to her as the moon twinkled through the blinds and she gazed at the cracks above her, tracing the lines in her mind. She hadn't been home for three months-Vic had demanded to train her until she could walk without losing her breath after a minute at the Burrow for privacy's sake. But now she could run a mile without any apparent difficulties, which justified the end of training to Vic. Alexandria was thankful, she'd missed her bed and satin comforter, it felt familiar--the one thing she truly missed during her time away from home.

Fred let out a laugh in his sleep and turned on his side, moving closer to Alexandria's side, she turned on her side, looking up at Fred's dozing face. Even with the small amount of light in the room, Alexandria could still make out the row of freckles that lined his cheeks, Alexandria let her fingers brush his cheek softly as she marveled at his features. Fred wrinkled his nose slightly as a loud snore left his mouth, brushing aside the few wild strands of Alexandria's own hair from her face.

Alexandria jumped when the alarm beeped loudly beside her head, Fred moaned, reaching over Alexandria in his sleep until he hit the snooze button with a harsh slap. Fred yawned, leaning his head in the crook of Alexandria's neck and nuzzled her softly.

"Is it four already?" Fred mumbled against her skin.

"Yes, Freddie," Alexandria smiled as Fred gently kissed her neck.

Fred sighed heavily and lifted his head, kissing her jaw and lips softly, "I think I'll go in a bit late today."

"George warned you and I promised you wouldn't come in late anymore or I'd start owing him," Alexandria chuckled as Fred began whining, pressing his nose further into her neck.

Fred rolled onto his back and sighed heavily, "see you after my shift?"

"That's always the plan, isn't it?" Alexandria smiled slightly, Fred nodded as he pulled the blanket with him and stood to get dressed for his day.

"I'll see you tonight," Fred bent down and kissed her lips quickly, "I love you."

"I love you," Alexandria said a bit breathlessly, her heart hammering against her ribs.

"See you," Fred smiled, leaving the room with shoes in hand. Alexandria picked up her bathrobe and tied it around her torso, following after Fred for a cup of coffee.

Fred left the flat, shutting the door behind him as Alexandria poured her coffee, Vic stood beside the fridge with that annoying smile plastered on his face.

"I see that--"

"Don't even," Alexandria interrupted.

"Well, I have a long day ahead of me. I made pancakes for your ungrateful attitude."

Alexandria smiled slightly, "thanks, Vic."

"There's mail by the door for you as well, see you for lunch," Vic called before heading off for the day.

Alexandria turned on the oven, heating the pancakes and pouring honey into her tea as she waited for the pancakes to heat up. Few minutes later, Alexandria was sitting in front of the television set with her mail and breakfast in front of her. Included were a few bills and an invitation.

You are invited to the Spring Ball hosted by the Desmond family

Date: April Thirtieth

Alexandria stopped reading after the second line, she scarfed down her breakfast and finished off her tea before quickly getting dressed and heading to work. Did her parents really invite her to the party? No, it had to be her father who sent it, her mother still didn't want to see her to date. Alexandria hurried down the streets, walking quickly passing everyone as she headed for her shift at the tea shop. Thoughts of that invitation swirling around her mind, why had she gotten it?