Chapter 44

Alexandria doubled over, pressing her elbows into her knees as she panted heavily, pulling at the collar of her jumper and pulling it over her head in one move before tossing it in the snow beside her. Alexandria began to shiver as the wind blew on the sweat that lined her neck while her breathing slowly evened out.

"Get up, we're far from done," Vic instructed.

Alexandria shook her head at the snow covered ground, "no more today, please, I just can't."

"You want to be strong again?" Vic questioned, Alexandria nodded while Vic grabbed her elbow and forced her to her feet with ease. "You asked for my help and I promised not to go easy, now let's keep going."

"I can't!" Alexandria protested, Vic tossed her jumper at her face and scoffed.

"You just don't want to, you lazy arse. Now move it," Vic ordered.

Alexandria's legs gave out, causing her to fall into the snow, Alexandria looked up at Vic and noticed his usual stern look he gave throughout this training was replaced with one of sympathy and concern before it quickly changed back to his usual hard expression. Vic sighed heavily, reaching under her elbows and lifting her back up so that she was standing in front of him.

"Alright, let's go back then," Vic muttered but he wasn't ordering her around this time.

"I win just like that?" Alexandria smirked.

Vic shook his head slightly, "you knew what was going to happen when you asked for my help," Vic snapped as he smiled, he placed his arm around her shoulders and began to guide her home through the woods.

The Burrow was warm and smelled like vanilla when the two stepped inside, Fred was at the table with Ron and Harry, the three whispering. When the boys saw Alexandria their chatting stopped, Alexandria frowned slightly.

"I'm going to shower then," Alexandria muttered, her frown increasing when Fred gave a small smile.

As the water hit her skin, Alexandria began thinking of the past few days. After waking up, Alexandria and Vic were invited to stay with the Weasleys just until after the holidays to keep an eye on her recovery. After Ginny learned this, she became even colder with each passing day Alexandria was here, which had recently began to create tension between the twins and their little sister. The twins couldn't understand Ginny's attitude but Alexandria seemed to have an idea. Fred was constantly ticked, always wanting to confront his sister but Alexandria kept him at bay. But that wasn't going to last.

Alexandria flinched when the water beat against the numerous bruises covering her body that were slowly healing. It was moments like this that made her miss that vampire inside of her. Even when she was chained up in Malfoy Manor, her injuries healed themselves faster than she could ever appreciate. But now all the injuries she endured were taking the normal time to heal, which secretly annoyed Alexandria to no end.

Wrapping a towel around herself, Alexandria sighed heavily, getting dressed carefully and stepping into the hall where Fred had been quietly waiting. Alexandria jumped and fell backward but Fred caught her before she hit the floor.

"Sorry, Lexi," Fred chuckled.

"Thank you for the save," she grinned as Fred set her back on her feet.

Fred reached into his back pocket and held out a long velvet box that was normally associated with jewelry. "Happy birthday, love," he said softly as he held it out.

Alexandria smiled, opening the box and revealing a black chain with a gold pendant hanging from the cord. "I love it!" She leaned up, kissing his cheek before clasping it around her neck. "Thank you, Freddie."