Chapter 3

Wiping the blood away from her mouth as she placed the rodent on the ground, Alexandria gave a dissatisfied sigh. Nothing was satisfying her, chasing deer and field mice can only go so far...anger flared inside her, what she called an aliment was getting progressively worse; a knocking in the back of her mind told her to take a stroll through a town somewhere far....but she could never bring herself to do that. It was monstrous and she wasn't walking with the monster inside her.

Alexandria looked at Vic, she saw how his jugular quivered ever so slightly, "I...I hate myself."

"I know you do, kid," Vic said sympathetically.

"I'll never amount to anything," Alexandria stood up and sighed.

"Stop that shit right now do you hear me? You're going to be something, I promise, now chin up and smiles on," he pinched her cheeks slightly.

Alexandria snorted, "I'm a monster."

"Have you killed anyone?" Vic's voice going back to its usual ease.

"No," Alexandria shook her head.

"You're not a monster, you're just suffering from something and we're going to find that cure." Vic shrugged. "You are not a monster until you kill someone and drink their blood." He put an arm around her shoulders and gave a small smile as they walked back to the castle.

Alexandria was so wrapped in her own thoughts that she didn't notice that she was now gliding the halls alone, her instincts taking over as she rove the halls until she came upon the boy's bathroom. There was blood on the other side of the door, it was fresh and smelled inviting, as she gently pushed the door open she saw two boys. One was Draco Malfoy and he was lying on the ground as blood poured from his body, standing above him was Harry Potter. Alexandria's first thought was what had gone on in there, which was quickly followed by how much she wanted to taste the blood that was slowly covering the floor.

"Miss Desmond, hurry to my office now. I will be there shortly," Snape said in her ear, making her jump out of her bloodthirsty trance.

She turned to see the professor looking at her, his eyes were steady as he waited for her to move away. "Yes,sir."

"Lexi!" Vic called, when he caught up to her and Snape he let out a long breath. "Don't run-"

Vic could just see through the door, he saw the blood and knew why Alexandria had run.

"Take Miss Desmond to my office, right now," Snape ordered.

Without hesitation, Vic grabbed his best friend's hands and pulled her away.

"I'm a monster..." Alexandria whispered.

"We need to get you that potion," Vic muttered. He looked over at Alexandria who looked paler than usual. "I'm going to make a promise now. I will find a cure for you, Lex. I won't let you become a monster. I will pour my heart into finding a way to save you."

They walked to Snape's office in silence after that, both standing beside the front desk, when Snape finally entered thirty minutes later, he disappeared in his office before returning with a goblet.

Snape didn't say a word, Alexandria wrinkled her nose, it smelled dreadful, she put it to her lips and gagged as the fluid passed her lips and travelled down her throat.

"Thank you professor," she whispered.

Had Snape been anyone else, he would've smiled and said you're welcome, glad to help. But he didn't, he said nothing and no facial change, he just bowed his head once and took the goblet once Alexandria was done with it.