Chapter 39

The second Alexandria smiled and revealed her fangs, George felt panicked before quickly relaxing. He knew what she was doing, using her compulsion to make him feel relaxed as she began her plan. What George wasn't expecting was Alexandria placing a blindfold over his eyes in order to conceal what she was doing.

"I'm sorry, George," she whispered every few minutes, "it's for our safety."

"We're going to save everyone..right?" George whispered, the unease of not knowing eating away at him.

He knew Alexandria was standing close by when she pulled him into a tight hug, "that's the plan."

He didn't feel as reassured as he should've, Alexandria would do her hardest to save everyone or die trying in the end. That much George knew of, but a nervous pit was slowly filling his chest the longer he waited in the dark while Alexandria went back to rushing around the flat.

"Lex. If we make it out of this, promise me you'll take the cure. Fred is in love with you, if you're really worried about him, nothing is going to change." He heard her footsteps pause for a moment, "that git has been infatuated with you for so long. I know you're scared, but that idiot isn't going to stop loving you."

"I've tried to," Alexandria whispered. "I don't know if it's a mental thing or what, but I freeze when my hand touches the stopper. I can't pull it off and I can't move anything unless I put my arms down. I don't know. I just...."

George listened to Alexandria's hurried footsteps and mutterings that made no sense to him as the front door opened.

"Alexandria I'm sorry...time is up, I'm here to take you back," James' voice filled the room.

There was silence followed by small footsteps, "let's go then," George felt hands grip his arms. It didn't take long for him to figure out that it was Alexandria who was holding onto him, her hands were shaking as she held on and guided him to their destination.

The smell of blood was even more pungent when their feet touched the stone tiles after their apparation, Alexandria's grip tightened on his arm, nails digging into his arm as they walked.

"You have a plan, don't you?" George whispered to the dark.

"Course I do," Alexandria whispered beside him.

His blindfold was removed, Alexandria looked regretful as he took in their surroundings. They were back in the same room, vampires dressed in dark hues stood along the walls, each wearing a leather mask over their mouths. Colleen was the only one who wasn't wearing a mask, her lips were shining red now, George's heart stopped. Had she bitten Fred while they were gone? Fred and Vic were on their feet but looked unconscious, being supported by Peter and the bloke who kidnapped them earlier.

"It's not Fred or Vic," Alexandria whispered to George.

James stepped before them, taking Alexandria's hands in his and quickly tying them to a set of chains that was connected to the floor. "Please....cooperate," James whispered lowly to George, he sighed heavily as he held out his hand for George.

George obliged and James led him over to his brother and Vic, holding his arms loosely in his hands. Alexandria stood ten feet away, her chains became shorter as they pulled her to her knees with a painful crunching noise.

"I was worried that James would not return with you," Colleen mused as she stepped before George, her back turned to him as she looked down at Alexandria. Giving her a swift kick to the side, causing Alexandria to fall over and whimper slightly. "I am happy to see that you've returned. Now hand over what I want."

Alexandria struggled against the chains as she tried to sit up, but the more she struggled the shorter the links became. "If I do...what will you do to them?"