Chapter 9

Alexandria stretched, stepping out of the shower as she wrapped a towel around herself. She could hear Vic shouting at the television set as he died yet again, she rolled her eyes before getting dressed in a knee length skirt and a t-shirt.

"Nice outfit," Vic smirked.

"Do you always have to comment on what I wear?" Alexandria raised an eyebrow.

"I'm getting use to the whole no school robes thing," Vic grinned innocently.

"You promised to help me go dress shopping," Alexandria crossed her arms, "are you ready?"

Vic was still in his pajama bottoms but no shirt, Vic shouted a few curses, throwing the controller to the floor and jumping up and getting dressed in a green shirt and cargo shorts.

It was just past noon on Thursday and Diagon Alley wasn't as busy as it once was, there were still shoppers but it seemed that there was much more space to walk around and hold your arms out. They began walking down the alley, when they passed WWW Fred Weasley bounded out to greet them.

"Lexi, are we still on for tomorrow?" Fred asked, his smile not faltering one bit.

"Oh, of course!" Alexandria smiled.

Vic raised an eyebrow and coughed, "why don't you two keep talking? I'll go find something for you, Lex. Still a, what was it, a D-cup?"

Alexandria's smile was replaced with a deadly stare that was fixed on Vic who stood triumphantly, "I'm going to murder you."

Vic only grinned before walking off, Fred coughed slightly, "well...tomorrow...think you can meet here around five or would you like me to come get you?"

"Whichever is easier," Alexandria smiled yet again.

"If I don't show up by five after come here alright?" Alexandria nodded, "oh! And...no heels tomorrow," Fred winked before walking off.

"You have a date with Fred tomorrow?" Vic asked accusingly when she caught up with him up the street.

"Yeah," Alexandria shrugged, "it's not a big deal."

"It is a big deal! That's why he's been extremely weird all week...he's either been really happy or really nervous," Vic mused as they began looking at racks of dresses. "hmm....anything off the shoulder will be perfect for you..."

"What about this?" Alexandria pulled out a metallic gold that was strapless and had a heart-shaped top before flowing out slightly.

"Maybe," Vic commented. "So what're you doing on your date tomorrow?"

"I have no idea," Alexandria laughed. "Have you heard him say anything?"

"No, although he mutters to himself a lot, did he do that in school? ah ha!" Vic pulled out a purple dress and grinned.

"Maybe," Alexandria nodded, "I don't see anything else I like..."

"Go then," Vic pushed her to the dressing room.

The purple dress looked better on the rack, it was a little two short for her, as she changed Vic tossed over a few black dresses.

"Vic, quit it!" She tried on the black ones, one had two blue ribbons going from her legs and crossing to either side of her chest.

"I like it," Vic shrugged when Alexandria showed it to him.

Alexandria tried on the other one but it was too tight around her chest, she looked at the golden one and shrugged before putting it on. With her hair down and waved, the dress looked pretty good.