20. Princess Luigi

It was autumn in Toadtown and it was cold and one morning Toad was taking Princess Peach her morning tea when he noticed something. Peach was coughing

"Princess are you alright" asked Toad?

"Get Toadsworth" said Peach.

Toadsworth rushed to her room and checked Peach's temperature and everything. Toadsworth than backed away with his doctor bag

"She has caught the flu" said Toadsworth.

"Oh no who will rule the kingdom" said Toad.

"Well she can't get out of bed anytime soon if she goes to the Government meetings she'll infect the chamber members and the mayor" said Toadsworth.

"Get Mario" said Peach.

"But Mario is on holiday" said Toad.

"I fell like I'm going to regret this" said Peach "Get Luigi"

Toadsworth and Toad gasped in surprise. At Luigi's House he was eating breakfast when the phone rang and he picked it up.

"Hello" said Luigi.

"Luigi it's me Toad the Princess is sick she needs you to rule the kingdom for a while" said Toad.

"Sure" said Luigi "Ya - hoo I get to rule the kingdom"

Luigi ran off down towards Toadtown Toad and Toadsworth where getting books ready about how to rule a kingdom. Than there was a knock on the library door and Toad opened it.

"Oh Luigi that was quick" said Toad.

"Now Luigi this is your schedule" said Toadsworth handing him a book a size of a encyclopedia.

"For the month" said Luigi.

"No for these 2 weeks" said Toadsworth.

Toadsworth walked out and Luigi was escorted by Toad to the Throne Room. Luigi opened the large book he had to go to the Government Building to give a speech on Water Pollution.

Later Luigi was at the Government Building and 100 chamber members were watching him.

"Um today I will talk about water pollution" said Luigi.

Nobody spoke

"Water pollution is a problem in the Mushroom Kingdom today I think we should stop fishing Cheep Cheep Fish" said Luigi.

"Huh" said somebody.

Luigi than left the chamber was left confused Luigi had to go to Delfino Island but had to talk to Mayor Edna. He was getting confused that night he arrived at the castle. Toad was at the door.

"Long day" said Toad.

"Yeah" said Luigi falling.

"This princess stuff is hard" said Toad.

The next day Toadsworth was in his office when the Post Toad came in with the mail. Toadsworth opened the mail Cheep Cheep Fishing was banned from all rivers and lakes!

Toadsworth went to find Luigi immediately he found Luigi in the Limo about to leave to the Town Hall.

"Luigi" screamed Toadsworth.

"Yes" said Luigi.

"What is this about Cheep Cheep Fishing" said Toadsworth.

"Well if we stop fishing we stop toads from polluting at lakes or rivers" said Luigi.

"But there are other recreational activities that take place on water" said Toadsworth.

"Yeah" said Luigi the limo drove away and left Toadsworth in the dust.

"Oh no" said Toadsworth worried.

2 days passed and trouble just got worse. Toadsworth and Toad were in the library reading when Toadsworth rung the bell for Ginger the cook. Down in the servants room the kitchen was empty and a mess.

Toadsworth wondered and ran downstairs to the kitchen to see the castle a mess and saw the main door wide open and ran outside and saw the gate open. He went in the kitchen and saw all the servants were gone.

"What" said Toadsworth in surprise!

He ran off in surprise and was confused Mickey the gardener walked by with a suitcase.

"Mickey where are you going" said Toadsworth.

"Luigi passed a new law all labor workers are to be on leave with pay" said Mickey.

"What" said Toadsworth?

"See you in Isle Delfino" said Mickey.

Toadsworth was fuming mad Luigi arrived later that day tired.

"Oliver get the umbrella" said Luigi.

Toadsworth walked down the steps.

"Luigi" screamed Toadsworth?

"What" asked Luigi?

"You passed a law without my consent Isle Delfino is mad at us and the Mushroom Islands are in attack because you did not send the army plus all the labor workers are out which is almost everybody at the castle" said Toadsworth.

"It's my rule" said Luigi.

"You're relived of your duty I'll get somebody else" said Toadsworth.

"Who Mario" said Luigi.

"No Toad" he said.

Toad came downstairs

"I think as being Peach's assistant he knows what he will be doing" said Toadsworth.

Luigi was left with his mouth open Toadsworth had dumped him.

The next day Toad was fixing everything from messed up government laws to making inspiring speeches. Luigi was at the castle when his brother came back from holiday. Mario saw Luigi and laughed.

"I saw you on the news Luigi" laughed Mario.

Luigi was mad soon on Friday Peach woke and was felling a whole lot better than she was yesterday.

"I feel great" said Peach waking up.

Peach thanked Toad and Luigi for helping her. She had not found out about Luigi and everybody decided to keep it a secret even Toadsworth. Soon everybody was back at work at the castle. Luigi that night was sleeping at the castle and was at the Dining Room.

Toad came up to Luigi and hugged him.

"I'm happy your back" said Toad.

"Yup I know" said Luigi.

"Your not a great ruler" said Toad.

"I know" said Luigi.