9. Secrets in Hiding

It was winter in Toadtown and the streetlights were on. Toad was walking down the street carrying a huge turkey. The turkey swayed and Toadette was walking behind him carrying bags of groceryes.

As they walked past the Peaches and Toad Market all the top windows were covered in curtains and Toad nor Toadette noticed. Upstairs of the small store was Mario and Luigi in the spare room.

"Thank You Toadley for letting us stay while our house is being renovated" said Mario.

"Don't worry" said Toadley.

Toadley walked downstairs to help his mother and Mario began to take out boxes.

"Are those the secret presents" asked Luigi?

"Yes" said Mario.

At Peach's Castle Toad put down the turkey and Toadette put down the bags. Toad got a box which said Pre - Cooked turkey and opened it.

"I'm famished" said Toad.

He opened it a cold blast hit him.

"Huh" said Toad "Why is not cooked"

"Toad it's pre - cooked and this for back up" said Peach.

Toad was hungry and his stomach growled. Ginger took the box and Toad and Toadette took the turkey to the kitchen. In the KItchen Toad and toadette were taking out flour and ingredinats for the corn muffins.

Peach was in her bedroom she was looking through a book when suddenly a servant knocked and came in.

"Ginger said she needs seasoning" said the servant.

"Tell Toadette to get it" said Peach.

Toadette was sent and she was walking on the sidewalk and arrived at the Peaches and Toad Market. She went in and went to the seasoning section. The section was near the door to the stairs to go up to the house part of the store.

She peaked through the door and heard voices and it was Mario and Luigi. They were whispering and that made Toadette more curious. She got closer to the stairs when.

"Toadette how may I help you" asked Toadley?

"Ahh you face scared I mean I'm looking for Mushroom Seasoning" said Toadette.

"Oh hear" said Toadley.

"Oh hey Toadette" said Mario who had came down to the store to buy chips.

"Hey Mario" said Toadette as she took the seasoning.

"I'll see you later" said Mario.

Toadette wondered what Mario and Luigi would do. She decided she would have to find out on her own. Later that day Toadette had arrived at the Market and took out her ladder and put up against the side of the store in the alley. Toadette climbed up and spyed in the window.

"Yeah this for" said Mario before he saw Toadette.

Luigi opened the window

"Hey Toadette" said Luigi.

Toadette screamed and the ladder fell back and slammed against the house next door.

"Toad Mario and Luigi have secrets" said Toadette.

"Ahuh" said Toad.

"I'm telling you cause I'm not being nosy and I don't want to know I just want you to know" said Toadette.

"Your being nosy by telling me" said Toad.

"Well I have to know what there doing" said Toadette.

The next day Toadette decided she would find out what was happening. Toadley was at the cash register and Toadette walked up the stairs and decided it was time to end secrets once and for all. Toadette walked up the stairs and arrived at the guest room and peeked through the keyhole. Mario and Luigi were wrapping gifts.

"This one is for Toadette" said Mario.

Toadette screamed she could not know what she would get. She ran backwards and tripped on the stairs and Mario and Luigi heard the noise and ran downstaris and so did Toadley.

"Is she alright" asked Toadley?

"I think" said Luigi.

Toadette was token to the castle and Toad was setting on a chair reading a magazine when Toadette woke up.

"Your alright" said Toad.

"Yeah why would'nt I" said Toadette.

"Toadley said you fell down the stairs what were you doing" asked Toad?

"Surprise" said Luigi

Mario and him walked in with a tray of food and Toadette smiled and decided not to tell Toad but what did she get for Christmas