14. On Ice

It was winter in the city of Toadtown and it was a snowy morning. The Peaches and Toad Market was as busy as usual in the morning selling coffees and donuts. Andrea Toadley's younger sister was watching a video on the laptop with Molly.

"Wow I wish I could skate like Grace Snowfall" said Andrea.

"I kind of know how to skate" said Molly.

"You can't skate with out falling" laughed Andrea.

"But for real I want to learn" said Andrea "I know who I'm going to learn to"

Andrea ran off at Toad's House Yoshi and Daisy was over at his house for Breakfast. Toad went over to the table with a kettle and poured hot water in all 3 cups.

"It sure has been cold" said Daisy.

"Yeah" said Yoshi "I bought Birdo a scarf and she liked it"

"I'm coming with the waffles, eggs and bacon" said Toad.

He put the plates down and Yoshi was happy.

"So Daisy did you like your trip yesterday" asked Toad after he swallowed a piece waffle?

"Yes Luigi told me it was your idea to take me to the Ice Rink" said Daisy "He rented it just for us and I loved it he even brought a musician to play"

Just than there was a knock on the door Toad ran to see who it was

"Oh hello Andrea how may I help you" asked Toad?

"I'm looking for Mario" said Andrea.

He lives at the next turn on Mushroom Street" said Toad.

"Bye" said Andrea.

Andrea kept running and arrived at the intersection and ran. She arrived at Mario and Luigi's House and arrived. She could see Toadtown behind her. Toadtown was a small village only about 20 streets in the village and 5 suburb streets.

There were many houses in the town she knocked on the door. Luigi opened it.

"Hello Andrea how may I help you" asked Luigi?

"Can I talk to Mario" asked Andrea.

"Mario" screamed Luigi.

Mario came downstairs

"Yes" he said.

"Can you teach me to Ice Skate" asked Andrea?

"I can't but I know who can ask Toadette she lives right beside toad and I can't believe you thought of me" said Mario.

"Bye" said Andrea running down the hilly street again.

She arrived at Toadette's House and knocked on the door. Toadette opened the door.

"Toadette can you teach me to Ice Skate" asked Andrea?

"Sure is it for the Ice Fashion Show at the school" asked Toadette?

"Yeah" said Andrea.

"Come to the Ice Rink at 3pm" said Toadette.

The next day at school Andrea was walking with Molly to the bulletin board and signed herself up for the Fashion Show.

"Little toads like you are not fashion type" said voice.

"Ugh Malinda shut up" said Molly.

"Come on Molly let's not get in trouble" said Andrea.

"Don't worry little Andrea I'm going to win the fashion show" said Malinda.

Malinda left

"Ugh she gets on my nerves" said Molly about to run after her.

"Come on let's not get in a fight with her" said Andrea.

"But" said Molly

The fashion show was 1 week away

Andrea practiced each day with Toadette and at the rehearsal. One day at the Ice Rink Toadette was teaching her to circle something.

"This is fun" said Andrea.

"You're getting it" said Toadette.

The day before the Fashion Show Andrea was rehearsing with the teacher on the ice rink.

"Good job Andrea" said the teacher "You're be ready by tomorrow"

Malinda was really mad she would have to ruin Andrea so she could get the spotlight. She never knew how little toads always got more attention. After school the next day Malinda went to the Ice Rink early. It was closed for the Fashion Show she changed the temperature at the bottom of the small body of water.

At 7pm toads were arriving and even Peach was attending the event. Toads got ready in there seats and were chattering at the back entrance Andrea hugged Toadette.

"Thank you for teaching me how to skate in so little time" said Andrea.

Under the pool a pipe burst and shooting water most of the rink was water under a 5 inch layer of ice but minute by minute centimeters melted.

"Presenting Andrea are first model of the night" said the speaker.

Andrea came out modeling and soon many more came out. They walked in circles and the ice was getting weaker and it was 2 inches of ice!!!

"Next up Malinda Grace" said the speaker.

Malinda walked around in a circle

Toads cheered for every model and toads smiled. The ice got thinner and thinner the pipe kept pushing force against the ice. Suddenly the whole ice sheet broke and the models fell in the water! Toads screamed as the water from the pipe flew everywhere Toads ran and tripped.

"REMAIN CALM" said the speaker.

Andrea swam quickly towards the edge and suddenly the whole pipe system broke and the rink began to flood the water over the sides and water went on the streets.

"What's going on" asked a toad?

"It's probably part of the show" said another.

Water sprayed everywhere freezing with contact suddenly the water stopped and the models came out the giant lake which was flooding the rink and street.

"Somebody put a higher temperature" said the inspectors.

Than they looked at Malinda and she smiled.

"Well I'm happy that turned out alright" said Andrea.

"Yeah" said Molly.

"We should learn how to ski instead" laughed another.

Well what did you think only 6 stories left! I have the final finished pls like and comment Thanks!