7. The Garden Toad

Toadette was with Toad at the Peach Castle Gardens. Toad was picking up carrots and Toadette was helping. The garden was huge and Mickey the groundskeeper was working in a garden box. He was putting dirt in the box and was planting seeds.

The sun shone from the castle tower and it was bright. Later that day Toadette was looking at a garden magazine and she wanted to start a garden. The next day Toadette went with Mickey at the crack of dawn he was watering the apple tree.

"Mickey can I help you" said Toadette.

"Well I really don't need help" said Mickey "But I know what you can help Peach with"

Mickey and Toadette went to the castle roof and Toadette saw the garden boxes and a bunch of soil bags.

"Princess Peach wants me to start a Flower Garden on the roof but I have no time so can you start it" asked Mickey.

"Sure" said Toadette.

Toadette began to organize the boxes and than got the soil and than the seeds. After a while she was done and Toadette laughed as she began to water the soil. After a few weeks the garden had sprung and Toadette was happy.

"Wow you have did a good job" said Toad.

"Thank you" said Toadette.

Toad began to water the daisies while Toadette put some soil on the Tulips. Peach came up with Daisy and they were proud. Toadette's garden flourished greatly and Mickey came up with her almost once a week to see the garden. When one day bad news came in quickly and it was not good. Peach was on the roof garden smelling the roses when a servant toad handed her a letter.

"Mickey is sick and won't be able to come in 2 weeks we need somebody to attend to the main garden" said the servant toad.

Peach and the servant toad looked towards Toadette.

"What" said Toadette.

"We want you to take care of the garden" said Peach.

"Okay" said Toadette.

Later that day she got a list and a bunch of new supplies. The next day at the crack of dawn Toadette was tending the apple tree. Toad and Birdo were picking some strawberries and Toadette was putting soil on the Corn.

"Are you sleepy" asked Birdo?

"No I'm fine" said Toadette who fell in the garden box.

Later that day Toadette had turned on the sprinklers and her job was done in the garden and she opened the chain chomps gate and they went on to the garden and Toadette yawned and decided she would go to sleep. The next day Toadette was sleeping in her room in the castle because she decided would rather stay instead go home.

Her alarm went off and she pushed the off button one day of no watering would do any bad on the plants. Although she thought. In 3 days Toadette decided to water the garden and she went out through the back door too see everything dry.

"Oh no" said Toadette.

She than saw Servant toads come out with baskets to pick blueberries and Toadette followed. They arrived to the Blueberry box and one of the toads touched the plants and they shriveled and he stepped back. They all looked to Toadette frowning.

"Toadette you should not have left the garden unattended" said Toad.

He was re-soiling everything and watering everything.

"At least Autumn came early" said Toadette looking at the dry plants.

Toadette wished she would have tried harder and tried again. Everyday Toadette attended to the garden and her garden and they were both colourful and pretty. One day Mickey returned and toads were happy and Toadette went back to her garden roof.

One day the inspectors came and praised both gardens. Toadette one day was eating breakfast in the kitchen with Toad her brother when Peach came in.

"Toadette look we received the Pretty Castle award" said Peach.

Toadette smiled and Toad hugged her