The Slayer, The Lover, and The Vampire

The Awesome cover is by Darklisa721, Thank you!! =D

Re posted the prologue, so this prologue is edited now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

All content of this story including plot, characters and events fall under Copyright © 2011 Friday13thx3

 Prologue

I woke up suddenly, heart racing as I saw police lights flashing outside my window. Rain was pouring down, wind howling with crashes of thunder to compliment it. Getting out of bed, a crash of thunder hit, and I jumped, and scurried to find my uncle Vladimir. I walked to the stairs, and scooted down half way and stuck my head through the banister. Vlad was at the door with the police, looking pale.

“Sir, Mr. and Mrs. Fortune are dead, it looks like a murder,” the officer said.

            Vlad held onto the door to keep steady and I could see tears streaming down his face, matching the ones rolling down mine. The Officer coughs, motioning towards me. Vlad whipped his head around and spots me. Opening his arms, I raced to him and cried into his shoulder, as he wrapped his arms around me, holding tight.

“Sir, I am going to need you to come with me for legal issues. An officer will stay here with-” The officer stopped.

“Violet,” Vlad whispered.

“-with Violet,” I officer finished.

            Uncle picked me up and set me down on the couch. I knew something terrible had happened. Something bad to my parents.

“Violet, wait here. Uncle will be back soon,” Vlad cried, kissing my head and walked out the door with an officer, as another stepped in and sat down on the chair across from me.

            I looked out the window and saw them drive off into the pouring rain, the lights fading in the distance.