Chapter 43 I Scream for Ice Cream

• Dedicated to Louis Tomlinson (I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST DUDE EVER!!!)

READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys!!!! I have so AWESOME NEWS!

I have released a new book!!!!!

Personally, I think this new one is going to be good!

I've already uploaded it and the beginning if you want to check it out.

It's called "Simple, Yet Effective" and I guess you can figure out it is a Harry Styles Fan Fiction.

BUT PLEASE CHECK IT OUT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

NOW FOR THE NEXT PART OF LOST SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN!!!!!! :D

*****************************

Nikki's POV

He ran at us.

I was frozen in place, my eyes wide in fear.

I felt Harry's arm go around me and he put me behind him protectively.

"Paul!" Harry shouted.

It all happened so fast...

My Dad pulled out a gun and brought it up to his chest, aiming at me and Harry.

Oh my god! He was going to shoot Harry!

Terror went through me and I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard him cock the gun.

My finger's gripped Harry's shirt as the gun shot echoed through the air. I felt him bravely put his arms around me and hold me tight.

There was a thud.

I felt tear leak out of my eyes lids and I gripped Harry's shirt tighter.

Wait, Harry was still standing...

I felt him leaning into me, his body shaking with fear as he held me close.

If Harry didn't get shot then who.....

I opened my eyes and found Paul pinning my father down securely to the floor.

People were screaming and running around the store in terror.

The cashiers had ducked under the counters, now looking up to see what was going on.

"Stay still." Paul spat at my dad.

My Dad was glaring at him, but then he rested his gaze on me.

His eyes were so much like Louis' that I forgot I was looking at my dad for a second.

I couldn't say anything, my lips were frozen in a straight firm line.

There was nothing I could say to him...

He had tried to shoot me and Harry....

Then his gaze flickered to something behind me.

I turned my head slowly and saw a body laying on the ground directly behind us.

There was a big whole in his chest and blood spilt from it, highlighting the floor with red.

In his limp and lifeless hand was a large knife....

What.....

Had.... had that guy tried to kill me too???!!!

Or had my dad missed me and Harry and accidentally shot his partner????

I don't know, but I felt Harry's head turn too, and he saw the dead body behind us.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a small voice, not sounding too british.