Chapter 12 We Are Best Friends, Remember?

Niall''s POV

I opened my eyes and remembered that I was in Nikki's room. She was fast asleep beside me, her hand rested on top of mine. Light fluttered through the windows and on to her head. Her hair was down and it spread all across her back and across her sheets. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. I slowly moved my hand away with a smile and looked at her alarm clock.

It was 9:30. I hope Louis wasn't awake.

Carefully, I climbed off the bed, not wanting to wake her. I quietly walked to the door, opened it, and shut it.

"What were you doing?" A voice asked. I jumped and slowly turned around to see Harry. Phew! Not Louis. He was still asleep. At least I hope.

"I was checking on her." I thought of an excuse. "I heard her mumbling through my walls all night. She must have not slept well." She actually had woken up three times since I went in there with her. She had rolled around a bit, jumped herself awake. But the she would look at me and sigh before falling asleep again. I felt really bad for her. Whatever was scaring her must be pretty bad.

Harry sighed and nodded. He believed me. "Something tells me she doesn't feel safe."

That was freaky. I was just thinking that too. Well, Harry would know more about it anyways since he was her "best friend".

"Well she should." I chuckled. "With five muscular guys like us." I flexed.

Harry laughed and tousled my hair. "You silly irish man." He shook his head with a smile as my stomach rumbled. "Go get some food."

I laughed and headed towards the stairs. As I turned around to say something to Harry, I saw him quietly slip into Nikki's room. What was HE doing? I was suspicious, but I shrugged and let it go. There was no way I was going to get on Louis' bad side. He's not that funny when he's angry.

************************

Harry's POV

I watched Niall go downstairs before going into Nikki's room. I know he cares about her. I can see it in his eyes. It's the same way Louis looks at Eleanor. Or how Zayn looks a Perrie. I'm still not sure how I feel about her yet. But I did know one thing.

Nikki was in danger. It would explain why she was so scared when Louis came to check on her that one night, and why she sobbed last night. Someone was trying to find her... and Louis for that matter. And I need to find out why.

"Harry." She said as I shut the door back. I must have waken her. Whoops. She sat up and stretched before getting out of bed and walking towards me.

"We need to talk." I bit my lip. I gestured towards the bed and we sat down.

"About?" She looked confused.

"About this." I held out her phone. She snatched it in a heart beat and quickly unlocked it, looking through her texts. Then she looked up at me with terrified eyes.

"I know, Nikki." I said firmly. "I know someone's after you. Who?"

She stared at me with big brown scared eyes and looked away. "I can't tell you." She croaked.

"Why not?" I said gently.

"He told me he would hurt Louis." She sputtered, tears starting to drips down her cheeks.

Someone was out for Louis too! Did he know about this?

"Who said that?" I asked lightly.

"I can't tell you Harry." She said angrily. "I'm trying to protect the people I love here, including you. SO can you please drop it!"

I was beyond confused. "You can tell me anything Nikki. You don't need to tell me whos after you, but you need to tell me what's going on."

She looked away.

"Please? We are best friends remember?" I smiled.

She looked at me carefully before taking a deep breath. "That guy called me the first night I was here. He told me he was going to come get me and kidnap me, but he didn't know where I was." She sighed. "I'm related to this person and so is Louis. So he knew Louis's voice and he heard it while I was on the phone last night. He... he told me..." She started to quietly sob.

"It's okay love." I hugged her.

"He told me he was going to the Tomlinson's to get me." She cried into my shoulder, her voice muffled. "And that if I told anybody about this he would hurt Louis, but he's coming for me. And I won't be there when he gets there because I'm here."

I stared at the wall in shock. What kind of sick person was this?

"When he gets there he will think I ran away." She pulled back and looked at me. "Annd he's going to hurt someone; maybe one of the girls. I don't know, but we need to do something!"

"Nikki." I gave her a smile. "The Tomlinson's are in Ireland for the summer. They will be fine."

Realization hit her like she already kew that, but then she frowned. "But he will still be in London."

I could see the terror in her eyes. She was truly scared. "H-harry. He threatened to kill me. And Louis."

"I promise as long as I'm alive, that won't happen." I said firmly, staring in her eyes with anger.

I don't know who this sick person was, but there was no way I was going to let him take Nikki.

*************************

Louis's POV

I smiled and sat up in my bed. Light was fluttering through my window and it warmed my back. It was on days like this where you woke up and you felt good.

I skipped down stairs and into the kitchen where everyone was on their phones.

"Good morning lads!" I greeted.

"Good morning Tomlinson." Liam looked up before looking back down again.

"Let's go do something fun." I grabbed an apple and ate it.

"Like?" Zayn stretched the word.

"Like to a movie." I crunched the juicy apple.

"Sounds good to me." Harry said, not lifting his eyes off the phone.

"How about you Niall?" I asked the blonde irish boy.

"Aye." He nodded, not looking up either. I grew annoyed and sat down to join their circle.

"Where's Nikki?" I asked.

They all looked up at me on that question. Harry tensed.

"Is she not upstairs?" He demanded.

"I think she's in the shower." Zayn blinked. "I heard running water."

I nodded and they all went back on their phones. Harry relaxed and went back to doing whatever he was doing before. Idiot. What was his problem?

I decided to go on Twitter. I think it was time everyone knew about Nikki. So I tweeted:

@OfficalNikkiN_ I love you! You are the best cousin ever! :)

*************************************

A/N: I just love Louis. He is so cute even though he's no where near as crazy as he was on the X factor anymore. :)

But there is a lot of stuff coming up in this book and some major events. I'm even writing a sequel that I will release when I finish this one. This second book is even better than the first one I think... haha! I put a lot of drama in Book 2.... and some of you Kiall fans may not be happy....

And I made an instagram for my books and stuff. I will post pics of the characters and stuff incase you are wondering what they look like. And Nikki's twitter is real too. I made it just for you guys. :)

So I guess I'll talk to you on the next update! Bye! :)