Chapter 39 My Dream Boy Is Not Him

Nikki POV

Our lips locked and he wrapped his arms gently around my back.

He was kissing me!

Harry was kissing me!

My best friend!

My cousin's best friend!

Alarm rang through me, and my mind screamed at me to run away.

But you want to hear something funny?

I couldn't.

I couldn't force myself to leave.

As much as I hate to be saying this, I liked it...

I relaxed and what happened next was what surprised me the most.

I kissed him back.

He was surprised too at the change of events. His eyes opened from where he had squeezed them shut and his emerald eyes stared at me.

I have would never have dreamed of kissing Harry, but now that I actually was...

I don't know it was weird.

I put my arms around his neck and we just stayed still.

Dang this was a long kiss.

Was this supposed to happen like this?

I don't know! This is very confusing to me.

All I knew was that I felt a rush going through me and it was amazing, but unfamiliar....

Harry shifted his hands to the back of my head and pulled me slightly closer.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" A voice shouted and pulled us apart.

Harry stumbled backwards slamming into a wall and in between us was Zayn.

I forgot he had been standing there.

"What just happened?" He demanded, his eyes wide with shock.

"I don't know..." I breathed out raggedly.

Harry was just looking at the ground, guiltily, his breath coming out in quick segments. He was leaning against the wall, shaking his head slightly to himself.

"What did happen, Harry?" I said firmly.

He looked up at me with distant green eyes. "Zayn dared me to kiss you."

I glared at Zayn. "What? Is this true?"

"Yeah, but I didn't know you would kiss him back!" Zayn's eyes were getting wider. "Why did you kiss him back?"

"Why did you kiss me back?" Harry echoed him.

"I... I... I don't know!" I gritted my teeth. "It felt right I guess! You both knew I hadn't kissed anyone before! How was I supposed to know how to react!"

"I thought you would pull away and slap him." Zayn pointed out the common sense.

"I was about to..." I murmured.

"Then why didn't you?" Harry sounded hurt. He was looking at me with sad, sad eyes.

"I... don't know." I admitted.

Suddenly, the front door opened.

Liam, Louis, and Niall walked in. Niall and Louis were laughing their heads off. And Liam was sweaty and annoyed.

"I got it on video!" Louis chuckled. "You guys should watch it!"

Silence came across the room as me, Harry, and Zayn didn't reply.