The Race

Here's a very long chapter to make up for everything, please check the question at the end of the chapter.

Sadia, don't worry, I am not abandoning this book ;)

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The race.

The next couple of days went by in a blur with the wedding preparations in full swing. David had resumed control of the throne and was up to date on everything that had been happening. He didn't know I had met Daniel yet.

I had received a text about an upcoming race, one that I had looked out for since as long as I entered the race but it seemed that ever since that talk with David about letting go, it had changed me. I didn't care about much anymore, but this, this hadn't changed.

If I wanted to leave a mark in this short life of mine I knew it would be this. I had to win this. I could not let the years of hard work go and for as long as I could remember I had always wanted to do this.

I was walking with my head down, reading the text again and again till I bumped into someone and almost dropped my phone but caught it just in time.

I heard a chuckle and knew it was David. "Always bumping into me." he said as I picked up my phone.

"No, it's the other way around, watch where you're going. "

"Hey, you were looking at your phone and walking it was bound to happen."

"I was looking down at it, but you weren't.. someone might even say you bumped into me on purpose." I winked at him.

I was walking away when he said "What's your plan for tonight?"

My heart picked up the pace and I said in my childish tone "Nothing yet.. Why?.. What about you?"

"Good, you can accompany me to the council meeting."

"But I can't."

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because...."

"Because?" He said, his curiosity increasing.

"Becauseihavetogototheracehappeningtonigh" I said in a rush trying hard not to get in trouble. I don't know why I was so scared what David would do.

"Because you have to go to a race tonight? You're not going." I think this is precisely why I didn't want David to know.

"Of course I am!"

"No you're not."

"I wasn't asking for permission and you're annoying, I can see that now you know."

He rolled his eyes. "Well, if you won't listen to me then I will just have to come along."

"I don't need a babysitter."

"I won't be a babysitter, I'll be your co-seat. I want to see what it is you love so much about this sport, what you love about putting your life in danger."

I rolled my eyes, overdramatic much?

"See you at 8 then."

I walked away, thinking about my parents. I hadn't seen them in a while which made me feel bad because I saw other people from David's family more often than I met my own. I am sure that's also because of the fact that I am living there too.

As I walked away I felt dizzy and something wet slide down my nose. I rubbed it off and saw that I was getting another nose bleed. I doubted that the decision I made to participate in the race was not a logical one keeping my health in mind but I had to do it.