Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter Sixty Two

"No I don't?"

"Yes you do! You hate me. What did I do to make you hate me so much?" I ask him weakly, my head hanging, not daring to look at him.

I don't know what I did. I don't know why he hates me but he does. I don't know why he didn't tell me before that he hated me but I guess now is a better time then ever to find it out. I mean, imagine if I had an awesome relationship with him and then I found out that he hates me. What would I do?

Would I just ignore the fact that he hates me or tell him that I know and end it? There is no way to know what would have happened so it probably is good I found out now. Even though it's bad timing, I would rather now then a few weeks down the track.

"I don't hate you Mimi," Louis whispers quietly.

I look up at him, the tone of his voice catching me off guard. But the minute I look up, I know I made a mistake. He looks broken and upset and his eyes are glossed over with unshed tears. What confuses me most is the look in his eyes, the look of pain and love mixed together.

"Th-then w-why d...did you ac-act l...like that?" I stutter out, my emotions becoming entirely unstable, allowing the stutter to take over.

"Act like what?"

"D-don't p...pret-tend y-y-you don't...don't know!"I huff before looking down at my hands.

"But I don't Mimi," Louis says quietly, "I don't know what you're talking about. If I did, I wouldn't be asking what I did wrong."

At the sound of Louis' voice, I feel my heart stop. I quickly peek up at him from the corner of my eye, only to feel my heart break at the sight of tears rolling soundlessly down his cheeks. That's when the inconsolable guilt breaks through my walls and starts to race around my body. I did this. I have pushed Louis so far over the edge that the tears have taken over. I have caused him so much pain and heartbreak that all that has been left for him to do is let those tears take over.

I feel my bottom lip quiver before my own uncontrollable tears take over, "I-I'm s...so s-s-sorry."

And then, as if it's fate, we pull up outside the house. I quickly climb over Louis before opening the door so I can get out of the tension filled car. I take off limping towards the front door, grateful for the fact that Liam made it there before me so he could unlock it.

"Mimi, please!"

Turning around, I come face to face with Louis, "What Louis? What can you possible say to make any of this better? All I've caused to any of you is pain and heart ache. I get these memories back and because I don't know the back story of what happened, I assume stuff and then I mess up our friendships even more. Louis we can't do this anymore. I can't do this anymore."

"But Mimi..."

"Louis, just listen okay. I can't do this anymore and neither can you or the rest of the boys. I'm unstable and all I ever seem to do is cry or get upset because of memories. I know that you all said that you understand that I can't remember anything but I can't deal with this anymore. It's tearing me apart Louis! I don't know anything about the last year of my life. Do you know how hard that is to deal with? To not know anything about the last year of your life but be expected to go on living anyway?"

"No, I don't Mimi. I don't know what it's like but you can help me understand. Just talk to me," he pleads.

Rolling my eyes at him, I cross my arms over my chest, "Last thing I heard come out of your mouth Louis was that you didn't want to talk to me anymore."

I watch Louis as he hangs his head in shame, more tears falling from his beautiful blue eyes. And all I want to do is push aside my anger and wrap my arms around his shaking frame, but I know I can't. He has a girl friend for starters but there are other things, more personal things, that are keeping me from doing just that.

"Mim, please. I'm sorry okay. I hate that there is this huge chasm between us. A huge rift that I caused. I know you don't remember anything about what we had but I do and it's hard to forget that. I want you to remember, more than anything but I know it's hard. And I'm just making it worse and I feel terrible. I'm a terrible person and I'm so incredibly sorry Mimi."

Before I even have time to react, Louis wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. His chest is strong against my own and I know that I can't stay mad at him the moment that he starts to sob on my shoulder.

"Lou," I stutter, my bottom lip trembling.

"No Mim. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I hate myself for treating you the way I have been."

As I take a deep breath, I let the smell that is distinctly Louis invade my sense, instantly calming me. I swear I can literally feel his regret rolling off him and I know that I won't be able to say no. I care too much about Louis to stop me from forgiving him.

"I forgive you Louis," I sigh, my hands running through his hair.

"You do?" he exclaims while pulling away from out hug.

"I do. I can't not forgive you. I can tell that you regret what you did and that you're sorry. And besides, I care too much about you to not forgive you."

As I look up into his eyes, I see a large smile spread across his face before he presses his soft lips against my own.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUN DUN DUN!!

Did you miss me? I know you did so no need to answer that question. 

It's finally the holidays so I'm back and I can get ahead in my writing so when school goes back I won't have to stress about it.

But yeah, I'm thinking that this book is going to end soon, like maybe in 8 chapters. I don't know. I feel like it's not going anywhere anymore so I'm going to have to bring it to a close :(

How sad.

The things you decide when you take a few weeks off...

QOTC: Who else is on school holidays right now?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo