Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

*Mimi's P.O.V*

I let my eyes slowly flutter open as the smell of some type of food fills the air. When I sit up, I notice that I'm in a room that does not belong to me. It's huge with big white walls and a feature wall that has wallpaper with a giant waterfall on it.

I run my hands along the soft purple cover that lines my large bed as I take in the room. It even has a balcony for crying out loud. In front of the bed on the other wall is a large T.V and honestly, I just want to throw something at it so it will break.

I don't need all this stuff. I don't need huge televisions and new laptops. I don't need walk in closets and en suites. What I need is my memories back. That's what I need. Not this stupid glass chandelier that's hanging from the roof in the middle of the room.

Honestly, I would have been happy to be given a small room with nothing but a bed and a closet. All this stuff, it's just too much. I don't need it all. Unless it is somehow going to help me get my memories back, then I don't want it. Sorry boys but that's just how it is.

As I'm about to leave the room, something on the wall catches my eye. I slowly walk closer to it, only to have my breath catch in my throat. On the wall, is a beautiful picture of me and the boys, before whatever happened to me happened.

I feel tears well up in my eyes at the sight. I don't remember having that photo taken but I wish I did. I wish more than anything in the world that I could get my memories back. I know that it has really hurt the boys because I don't remember and that literally kills me inside.

I know that I've only known the boys for a little while, no I am not including the time during my lost memories, but I can tell that this is something they don't want to let me in on. They usually tell me everything about how they're feeling but when it comes to me and my memories, they just put up this wall.

And that's the thing, because they put up that wall, I can instantly tell that this is something that they don't like to think about. I understand though. If there was someone who I was really close with who lost their memories of me, I would act the way the boys do I guess.

It's just, it does hurt a little bit that they don't want to talk to me about it. I would listen and understand. I wouldn't judge them for being really upset about this. I just with they would trust me enough to talk to me about how their feeling.

Tearing my eyes away from the picture, I head out the door of my room before standing the hallway, not sure which way I have to go. Making a quick decision, I head left, internally cheering when I turn around the corner only to find the stairs.

I jump onto the banister before sliding down, happy to be doing something deemed normal to me. When I was at home, I used to do this all the time, that's why I'm glad we have stairs. Because I ca slide down the banister. How lame.

"Oh, hey Mimi."

I look up to see Louis,  who had just come around the corner, leaning on the door frame, "Hey LouLou."

I reach the end, grabbing the wood in my hand so I don't slide off and hurt my ankle, "I see you're walking without you crutches."

I look down, shocked, "Oh my god. Yes, I am. I mean, I knew I could do it but just not really long distances. This is great!"

I feel arms wrap around my body and spin me around, "It is."

I giggle as Louis continues to spin my around, my head spinning around with us. Very soon after, Louis places me on the ground stumbling a bit. He grabs his head in his hands before letting out a small groan of pain.