Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

*Louis' P.O.V*

It's been four weeks since Mimi woke up. In that four weeks, the boys and I have done nothing but try to help her get her memories back. It hasn't worked. She has got a few back but they are mainly from before she met us. Before I sent her a message.

I'm not going to lie, it's been tearing me apart. Her not remembering anything about the boys and myself. Especially her not remembering her feelings towards me. That's been the hardest thing. Having to hide how I feel about her because she doesn't remember.

The doctor said we can't tell her anything unless it's vital information. That means I'm not allowed to tell her that I love her. Liam isn't allowed to tell her that he is her brother. We aren't allowed to tell her anything like that. She has to remember it all on her own.

When I walked into her hospital room and heard her quoting one of the lines from our next conversations, I distinctly remember that one because that was the first time I gave her a nickname, I was shocked. I honesty thought she'd remembered.

But then she said she didn't. That was what stung the most, until she did remember that memory. The doctor said he was surprised that she had remembered something so quickly until I explained that those words where actually used as a vital part in her lost memories.

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I should try and act like we were never together or if I should try and get her to fall in love with me all over again. I know that whatever I choose, it will kill me. Because what if she never falls in love with me again? But what if I just act like I never loved her and she does fall in love with me all over again?

"Louis, you still with us mate?" Liam says as he waves a hand in front of my face.

I snap my head up to see them standing at the door, Mimi beside them with her crutches and a large smile, "Yeah. Sorry. I was just thinking."

"Well come on. It's time to finally take Mimi home."

I nod my head before standing up from the chair and walking over to Mimi, "You excited love?"

"Hell yes! I am so pumped to actually eat real food. I mean seriously, having a tube down my nose for two weeks was hell. I'm pretty sure I still remember how to feed myself," she huffs.

I let out a small laugh at her reasoning, "Yeah but they were just worried. When you came in you were extremely underweight. They needed to get some food into you."

She nudges my side with her shoulder before talking, "If they wanted to get some food into me, they shouldn't have fed me sandwiches and jelly all the time."

"True," I laugh before we walk out of the door, heading towards the front desk so she ca be signed out.

It's actually so heartbreaking, watching Mimi learn to walk again. Since she had been unconscious for about four weeks before she woke up, her leg was almost healed. She had to have the cast on for another two and half weeks but since then, her days have been spent teaching her how to walk again.

"You okay with walking this far?"

She sends me a smile, her nose crinkiling up a little bit, "I'm fine Lou. Don't worry so much."

Yeah, don't worry so much. It's not like her mother used to abuse her and she got kidnapped. Nothing to worry about right? Wrong. Absolutely wrong. How can I not worry about the love of my life. The stuff she has been through must have been savage.

You know, other than the fact that she doesn't remember me and the boys, the fact that she can't remember anything is probably a good thing. I mean, yes, it is killing me that she can't remember our relationship, but honestly, at least she can't remember what must have happened when she was kidnapped.

At least the last memories she has of her mother isn't her coming at her with a knife. At least she isn't cringing at the thought of someone cutting a sandwich. At least she can't remember the torture she must have been put through while she was kidnapped. That is the only good thing that has come out of her losing her memory.

"Loueeeee," Mimi hums as we walk out of the elevator.

"Hmmm?" I mumble half hardheartedly, my brain still focused on what might have happened to her.

"Why are you so quiet lately? You are known as the loud, hyper and immature one of the band. Why aren't you being like that now?"

I let out a small sigh, shaking my head to get rid of any bad thoughts running wild in my brain, "I just, I guess with you losing your memory, it's been hard on all of us. The memories we made with you, they're all gone and I just don't know what to do."

"Awww Lou. Listen, I'll get my memories back, I'm sure of it. And if, for some reason, I don't, we can make new memories together. We'll get through this together."

"I guess. I'm sorry I'm not acting the way I did on all the video's and stuff. It's just been a bit too much I suppose. But as long as you think you'll be okay, I means I should stop fretting and just...be myself."

And it's true. If she thinks that we can get through this, then it must mean we can. Out of all of us, she seems to have the most optimism of all of us. I don't know why but she does. And I guess that must mean something.

I watch as she smiles a bit more, "You know Lou, I can tell that there was something between us. I don't know what it was but I can tell that we had a special connection."

Hiya nerds!

Sorry it's up late again. But at least it's here! I'll be getting ahead in my writing on the weekend so that I don't have keep writing it before I update. 

This chapter was so cute. Lou and Mim are just BAE! They are my OTP fo sho... I probably shouldn't talk like that. It will decrease my brain cells. LOL.

Don't forget that if you want little updates on any of my books, you can go check out my facebook page. I'll leave the link just here vvv

https://www.facebook.com/TannaJAuthor

QOTC: In the song Yankee Doodle, is he calling the horse or the feather "macaroni"?

Like honestly, I don't know. But I have not really thought about it until I saw the question and got very curious about it.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo