Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

*Mimi's P.O.V*

I watch as a look of shock crosses over Louis' face at my words, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I just feel like we have a special connection you know. I can't put my finger on it but I know it's there," I say to him as we reach the car.

Louis takes my crutches as I hold them out him, before pulling myself into the back seat of the van, next to Niall. Louis puts them in the back before climbing in next to me and pulling the door closed. We quickly buckle up before Liam drives off.

"So, you excited to leave Mim?" Niall asks me, basically repeating Louis' words.

"Oh my god! Li! Can we please get some pizza? Pretty please? I just want to eat some real food instead of the stuff they fed me in there," I groan as I rest my head in Louis' lap.

"Why? Don't you want some more jelly?" Harry chuckles.

"I don't want jelly for another year. I'm sick and tired of it."

I hear all of the guys laugh at me, making me frown. They weren't the ones who had to live on stupid hospital food for four weeks! I mean, did at least bring me stuff every now and then but I still had to put up with the gross, tasteless food they fed me everyday. I mean, I need a bit of variety in my life!

"You are all mean," I whine.

"No we aren't. We are laughing with you, not at you."

"I'm not laughing though am I?"

"On the inside Mim. On the inside."

"No I'm actually not. This is a very serious matter. Like, you guys weren't even nice to me. You barely brought me anything nice to eat."

"Hey!" Louis protests, "I brought you chocolate the other day."

There is a small silence before I whisper in a quiet voice, "Only Jimmy is allowed to protest Lou. You should know that rule."

Again, there is another deafening silence before all of the boys crack up laughing at my words. I know, it's been a while since that joke has been made so that means it should have lost it laugh factor. Wrong. It's still as funny as the first time Louis said it.

And that was quite a long time ago. 

I look over at Lou who is already staring at me while shaking his head but smiling at the same time, "Trust you to make that statement."

I swipe some imaginary dust off the shoulder of my grey long sleeved shirt, "It comes with the swag."

"God! I was hoping that she would have forgotten the word swag too," Harry huffs, some of his curls flying away from his face.

"Never! The swag shall live on Hazza!" Louis yells as he points his finger to the roof of the car.

We all end up laughing again before lapsing into a comfortable silence. I can tell now that silence is a bad idea when it comes to my thoughts. They always end up wandering to the memories I've lost. I can't help it though. It's like an impulse.

I know that thinking about it constantly isn't going to help me any because I'm just grasping at thin air, but it doesn't stop me from trying. It's as if I think, if I try hard enough, I'll be able to find the trail to get to my memories. But alas, that is not true.

I honestly feel like I'm being a burden to these boys though. I mean, they have to help me learn to walk again, they have to help me get my memories back. They have to try and keep their mouth shut about everything that happened in the year I forgot.

"What's on your mind love?"

I let out a long sigh, "Not my lost memories that's for sure."

"Come on. You said so yourself not even ten minutes ago that you could get through this. Don't let your mind dwell on it."

"I can't help it though. When ever I'm left alone to my thoughts I automatically try to see if I can remember anything but I never can."

Louis uses his thumb and pointer finger to gently grab my chin and move it so I'm looking into his blue eyes, "You will get your memories back. I'm sure of it. Until then, you just have to make new ones and not dwell on the ones that you've lost. If you do that, you'll never get them back."

I watch a look of pain cross through Lou's eyes for just a second before its gone again, but it's enough to fuel my resolve. I will get my memories back. If not for me, I'll do it for Lou. I hate seeing him so hurt. It breaks my heart and I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I feel a need to protect him.

"Okay Lou. I'll do it for you. I'm determined to get my memories back, even if it brings back unwanted memories of my...uhhh...mother," I sigh, realising that they probably already know about her.

"I won't let anyone hurt you Mimi, I hope you know that. I will try to protect you from everything bad in this world," he whispers to me.

And then, I feel my mind go fuzzy again, just like it did the day I woke up. And then it's as if the whole world around me disappears and I'm spiraled into one of my lost memories.

"I'm sorry that any of this ever happened to you Mimi. I am going to do my very best to protect you from all the bad in this world. I am going to try and protect you from the fans. I want to keep you safe," Louis' mumbles in my ear as I feel a few splashes on my shoulder.

"You can't protect me from everything Louis," I sigh as I reach up and wipe away some tears that are rolling down my cheeks.

"But I can try-"

"Mimi! Are you alright?"

I snap my head up to look at Louis, my eyes widening slightly as the memory replays in my head, over and over again. Why was he telling me that he would protect me from everything? Why was he crying? Why was I crying as well? What had I told him?

"Mim, are you alright love?"

"I remembered something."

"You did?"

"I did."

"That's great!" Louis exclaims.

"Yeah, but Lou. Why were you telling me that you would protect me from everything in this world? I don't understand."

Phew. This chapter is up very very very late! Like, omg. Sorry guys. I've been quite bust with school and some other stuff so yeah. But tomorrow is the weekend so bring it on!

I'm pumped.

QOTC: Who is your favourite Marvel character?

Mine is definitely Thor. Chris Hemsworth is just bae! And Thor is so cool with his hammer that only he can lift, that shoots lightning and lets him fly. Lets just say, I have a Thor pop vinyl figure in my room. Yeah. He is my fave.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo