Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

*Mimi's P.O.V*

There is this insanely annoying beeping noise ringing in my ears but compared to the pain that is taking over my body, that is nothing. I honestly couldn't care less about the beeping right now, all I care about is getting something to take away this pain.

My whole head feels fuzzy and there is this intense pain lingering in the back of my skull. My left leg is quite stiff while the other one is numb, but I can still feel the weird, heavy object on my ankle. My arms feel weightless and I have absolutely no idea why.

My eyes are so heavy, they feel like they've been glues shut. I can feel something cold on my face, air moving in and out of my nostrils. One of my fingers is jammed in between two pieces of plastic and I can feel more cold tubes running out of my arm.

It's then that I feel the warm hand that is wrapped around my own, weird sparks being sent up my already tingling arm.  I let out a small groan as the pain in my head grows.

"Mimi?"

"Hold on love, I'll just give you some more pain medication. It will take the pain away soon okay?"

Who do these voices belong to? One of them sounds familiar but the other voice, the one that belongs to a woman, does not. I let out another groan, trying to shift around in my uncomfortable bed, before being stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't move sweetie. The pain will go away in a minute."

I grit my teeth as I wait through the pain until, like the nurse said, a minute late, something rushes through my body, allowing me to relax. I let the rush of liquid course through my veins, taking away the intense pains as it moves around.

"Mimi?"

There's that voice again. I try my hardest to open my eyes so I can see who the voice belongs to but my eyes won't budge. Not even a little bit. I let out a frustrated sigh because my eyes won't open. I don't know what else to do.

"Mimi, love, calm down. It's okay. Just relax. They'll open eventually," a different voice says soothingly.

How many people are in this room? And why do some of their voices sound extremely familiar? Why do I feel like I know who they are but can't seem to put a voice to face? Why do I feel like there is this gigantic empty hole in my life?

I can't explain it but I feel like my life is a giant square and there is a giant chunk of my life missing. It's like it's been ripped form my fingertips and thrown away and I have no idea where it could have gone. I don't even know why I feel like that. I shouldn't feel like I'm missing some of my life because I'm not.

I'm certain of it.

"Mimi, can you move your finger for us if you can hear us?"

Is that a fourth person? How many people could fit on one room? Instead of dwelling on it anymore, I move one of my fingers, shock running through my body when I hear a collection of sighs run through the room.

"You gave us quite a scare young lady."

Okay, that makes five different people, not including me. One woman and four guys. Why are there four guys in my freaking room? I don't even know that many people for crying out loud. No one wants to be friends with the girl who is beat up my her mother.

And that's when I feel it. The change in the way my eyes feel. They no longer feel heavy but they feel light and I slowly let them flutter open. I cringe slightly when the bright fluorescent lights reach my eyes, temporarily blinding me.

"Oh Mimi!"

After a few seconds, my eyes start to adjust to the light in the room, blurry images slowly starting to move into focus. The first thing I see is the white roof and I immediately realise this isn't my room. I feel my heart rate pick up as I start to panic. What am I doing here? Why aren't I in my room at home?

"Mimi! Are you okay?"

I close my eyes as tears start to well up behind my closed lids. I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I don't want to be here either. I just want to go home and be in my own bed while my mother is passed out, drunk, on the the couch.

"What's wrong love?"

I open my eyes again, swiping away the tears that threaten to fall. I let my eyes fully focus again before I let my breath catch in my throat as I see four very familiar faces staring expectantly at me. But what confuses me is why one of them is missing. Why are there only four of them? There should be five!

"Uhhhh..."

My voice sounds hoarse and broken. Misuse maybe? Who knows but I definitely know that it isn't attractive. I honestly just want to go and hide under a rock until my voice is back to normal. Only then will I emerge. Maybe. Depends if these four boys are still here.

"Thank god you're alright! We have been so worried about you," the curly haired boy exclaims.

What? Why would they be worried about me? I'm just a nobody. I don't even know them personally. Sure, I've watched their videos and stuff but really. It just doesn't make sense. It doesn't make any sense at all to be honest.

I look around the room, taking in ever face, committing them to memory. When I reach the oldest of the group, the blue eyed boy, I feel a tug on my heart. It's like a rope has attached me to him and seeing him there has made someone tug on that rope. I can't explain it but it's scary so I quickly push the feeling away, trying to ignoring the tugging at my heart.

"Mimi?"

"I don't mean to be rude or anything," I say quietly, "But why is One Direction standing in my hospital room?"

Sooooo ummmmm.

Sorry guys.

I know you guys probs aren't happy with the way this chapter went but it had to happen. I'm sorry.

Also, I would like to say this but I am only going to say it once and one time only.

If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

If you don't have anything nice to say about this book, or anyone else book, don't say it. If you don't like the book or you think it's boring, just stop reading it. Delete it from your library instead of telling the author to their face that the book sucks and you don't like it.

Yep, great you have an opinion but one haters opinion doesn't mean anything to me. It's not very nice and it doesn't make me feel very good about myself and my story.

Okay, rant over. You will probably understand what I'm talking about if you saw what went on on my page. Anyway, moving on.

QOTC: Are you guys crying about this chapter or nah?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo