Chapter Thirty Three

I let my head hang at the doctors words. I knew that it had to be amnesia, just by the fact that I couldn't remember meeting the boys. But I never thought it would be physiological. I mean, what could have happened to me that my brain would want me to forget it?

"Mimi, what is the date today?" the doctor asks me quietly.

"The tenth of February, two thousand and fifteen," I reply almost instantly. I hear a collection of gasps echo through the room, making me feel very self conscious of my answer, "That is the date right?"

I see the doctor shake his head sadly before replying, "No Mimi. It's the seventeenth of February, two thousand and sixteen."

I feel my breath get caught in my throat at his words, "No!"

"I'm sorry Mimi. I'll give you some space. A nurse will be in in about an hour," he says sadly before turning and walking out of the room.

I feel tears well up in my eyes as he walks away, my heart breaking into thousands of tiny little pieces. I'm missing a whole year of my life. A whole freaking year! Who knows what could have happened in that time. Anything could have happened and I wouldn't know because I don't remember anything.

"Mimi, are you alright?"

I sniff quietly, rubbing at my eyes so the tears don't fall, "Peachy."

"You don't have to pretend to be okay around us swe-Mimi," Louis says softly, cutting himself off mid sentence, "We all know that what you went through must have been hard and we don't blame you for wanting to forget it."

I look over at him, seeing love and pain shining in his beautiful blue eyes. If I focus close enough on his mouth, I'm almost one hundred percent sure I can see his bottom lip quivering. A wave of guilt rushes over me but I try my best to brush it off. I shouldn't be feeling guilty? Right?

"But I don't want to forget. I want to remember. I want to remember all of you. The moment we all met. How we met. Fights we've had. Cute moments. Secrets we've shared. I want to remember but I can't!" I exclaim as I burst into tears, the salty droplets of water streaming down my face and passing by the corners of my lips.

"Hey! Don't cry love. It'll be okay," Louis whispers as he sits on the bed and wraps an arm around my shoulders, bringing me close to his chest, "We'll help you remember and then you'll be good as new."

"No I won't. I'll still be as broken as I was before but instead, I'll remember stuff."

"That is not true! While we help you regain your memories, all while we are helping to patch you up."

"You won't be able to do that Lou," I sigh as I rest my head against his chest, my heart speeding up at the contact.

It's then that I remember that I am still connected to the heart monitor thingy. Only because as my heart rate sped up, so did the annoying beeping. I feel the heat rush to my cheeks, covering the skin in a light pink colour.

"What's that I hear Mimi? Is that your heart rate speeding up?" Harry asks quite loudly causing me to blush and bury my face in Lou's shirt.

"Awww. Thing is Mim, you can't hide it this time," Niall smirks.

"Please don't. You all know something that I obviously don't so it's not fair," I mumble against the soft fabric of Lou's shirt.

"It's okay love. They're just teasing you," Lou says to me.

I nod against his chest, leaving my head there until my cheeks decide to go back to their normal colour. It's so strange, just having One Direction appear in your hospital room and act as if they've known you for years. That reminds me...

"Umm guys. Weird question but I guess it's appropriate. Is something wrong with Zayn? Like is he sick too or something or with Perrie?" I ask slowly.

I watch the look on the boy's faces turn from almost smiles to full on frowns. And that is when I realise that I have crossed a line. Not just a little line that separates house from house. A line that separates continent from continent.

"He left the band actually," Harry says stiffly, "And he broke up with Perrie."

I let a gasp push pas my dry lips, "No! Oh god, I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

"We know Mim, don't worry," Liam says calmly.

We laps into silence, dwelling over everything that has gone on in the past twenty minutes that I've been awake. I can't believe that Zayn left and broke it off with Perrie. That were, like, my OTP! Not even joking. But still, I feel terrible for bringing him up. He was their best mate. It must have been hard on them, to have him just up and leave like that.

I hear the strumming of a guitar so I snap my head up to see Niall strumming on his guitar. Suddenly, that tune strikes a match in my mind and a rush of lyrics com rushing back to me. I swear, the other day, I heard someone singing this to me. And for some reason, the lyrics just stuck. I don't know why, they just did.

And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bare the pain.
Ooh if this is what it takes
I'll break down these walls that are in our way,
If this is what it takes.

I see the boys looking at me in shock as I sing the lyrics, not knowing who it's by but somehow knowing the tune off my heart. Niall stops playing when I sing the last note, looking up at me weirdly as well. I feel my heart start to beat faster, also being able to hear it doesn't help the situation, as the boys stare at me in shock.

"You never told us you could sing!" Liam exclaims.

"Oh. That would be because it's not something I tell anyone. Like, ever. I guess I just got caught up in the moment."

There is silence for a moment before I hear Louis speak, "How do you know that song? That came out while you were...gone."

I swallow quietly before answering, "Someone sang it to me the other day."

AWWWWW. So cute :)

Just the way Mimi was all like "Louis! My love!" Lol not really. But you can tell that that is what she is thinking.

So the song that Mimi sings is called 'This Is What It Takes" by Shawn Mendes. My sister showed it to me as I was writing the chapter and OMG! I was like 'this is the song!' Yeah. It just suited it so much, not even kidding.

Sorry this is up so late guys. I had a tonne of homework, actually no, all I had to do was write an essay but still, so I'm sorry.

QOTC: Who do you think was singing to Mimi?

NGL, it is so obvious but I'm gonna ask it anyway because you never know... :)

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo