Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty

"You're sure?"

I nod my head at the officer before wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans. Giving my statement to the police would have to have been one of the most nerve wracking moments of my life. Just sitting there, in front of a desk full of four different police officers while they stare at you and write notes on what you're telling them.

Definitely not something I ever want to do again, but I know I will have to.

I know that in the future when I remember who else kidnapped me and tortured me, because I know that he wasn't alone, there were two shadows, I will have to give another statement so they can go and arrest these people. I know it will be nerve wracking but it's for the best.

How I see it is if they're behind bars then they can't hurt me or anyone else.

And that's all that matters. Not my safety, the safety of everyone around me. I would never be able to live with myself if the person who kidnapped me went and kidnapped one of the boys. I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of knowing that deep down, deep deep down, I know who it was that did it. I just can't remember.

"Wow. I can't say I'm shocked. There has always been something off about him."

"Do you think..." I let my unfinshed sentence trail off, unsure of what I want to say.

"What's wrong? You can ask us anything, you know that right?"

I nod my head before looking back up at them, "Do you think that he was holding back information and that's why you couldn't find me? Because he held back information or destroyed evidence."

I continue to stare at the officers and I'm not lying when I say that I saw a light turn on in their heads. It's as if it actually happened. Their eyes lit up and they got this look on their faces. This look you get when you have an amazing thought or idea.

"I've never thought of that until now but it seems possible," Officer Hadley says to me, his rough voice reverberating around the small glass room.

My head moves until I am looking out the window only to see all the boys sitting on chairs outside the room, their heads in their hands. They look terrible. With their slouched backs, their posture and their entire body language. They look like they are waiting for someone in a hospital room instead of waiting for me to give a statement on who kidnapped me.

"Well, you will be glad to know Mimi, that we will be taking this to court. You are going to have to testify against him."

My head snaps back to look at the men behind the desk, my eyes almost bugging out of my head at the news, "Excuse me?"

"If you want to put Xander away, we are going to have to take this matter to court and you will have to testify. You are the only one who can. We can't walk in there and say he kidnapped you because we have no proof. You are the only proof."

I feel all the colour leave my face at the news, the blood rushing from my head to my toes like lead in water. I don't want to testify. I don't want to get up there on that podium in front of heaps of people and stare into his cold, heartless eyes as I tell them about what happened to me while he had me stored away from the world under lock and key, using me for pleasure while physically abusing me.

I don't want to do that.

As much as I want to get up there and put him away for good, I know that I won't be able to. I won't be able to stand up there where I can see him. I will literally break down in front of everyone, showing how weak I actually am and how unstable my emotions are. I can't let that happen. I can't let everyone see the real me.

The scared littler girl who hides from everyone.

"I-I d...don't w-want t-t...too," I stutter out, my fears taking control.

"Mimi, you need too. You need to do it. If not for you then for who? What will happen if you don't get up there and explain to the jury about who kidnapped you and what he did? What will happen?"

I let his words move through me, my fear becoming so much worse as the truth of what could happen hit me, "H-e w...wil-ll h...hurt....hurt...more p-peop-ple."

"That's right Mimi. He will hurt more people. We don't want that to happen do we? We don't want more people to go through what you went through?" he says calmly as he stares at me, his eyes soft and caring.

"N-no."

"No, we don't. So what are you going to do? Are you going to get up there and put him away so he can't hurt anyone else? Or are you going to sit back and let your fears decide your actions and put more innocent lives at risk because he's free?"

I take a deep breath as I think about his words. If I don't get up there, he will hurt more people. If I don't get him put away then he will be free, free to kidnap more innocent people and torture them the way that he did to me.

But if I get up there, I will be able to put him away. He will go to jail where he can't hurt anyone else. Where he can't hurt me. I let those words fuel my fire, pushing my demons away as I sit up straight in my chair, looking as confident as I possibly can.

Even if it only lasts for a few moments, a few moments of strength and sanity is a million times better then a life time of running away from my demons and shaking in fear as I hide from all the danger in the world.

"I'll do it. I'll testify if it means he can't hurt me anymore."

YOU GO GIRL! YOU GO MIMI!

She is so strong, it's amazing. Is it weird that I look up to a fictional character and how strong she is? Because I do...

Ugh I have this stupid thing tomorrow that I have to go to. It's a 'safer driving awareness' day or something like that. I really don't want to go tbh.

QOTC: If you had to pick two of these songs, which would you pick:

- Say Something

- 7 Years

- Thinking Out Loud

- Love Yourself

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo