Chapter 1

I woke up to a beeping sound

I woke up to a beeping sound. I shut off the alarm from my phone. I groan rubbing my eyes and putting my glasses on and get up. I go downstairs to put some coffee. I take a shower and get dressed in some light blue lose jeans, a grey long sleeve, my doc martens, and a brown leather jacket. I put my contacts in and apply lip gloss. I grab my bag and coffee before leaving.

I close the door as I lock the fence. I make sure I have everything before getting on my motorcycle and leaving for school.

As I walk to up my locker Lily comes up to me

As I walk to up my locker Lily comes up to me. She's my best friend.

"Hey, so I found out we have a project for photography." She tells me and I groan hitting my head on the locker.

"What is it about?" I ask her while opening my locker.

"Mr. Spend is assigning us a person to take pictures of and write about them and stuff." She says as the bell rings.

"Sounds exciting, " I said sarcastically closing my locker.

I had my camera bag with me and some of my books. I was looking at some of the photos I took when I bumped into someone. I look up pushing up my glasses.

It was Andrew Martinez the school's biggest d*ck head. He had dark black jet hair, pale as a vampire, green eyes of a snake, was 6'5 like a gosh damn giant, and he had the body of a body builder but with a small a*s head. He looks like a doofus to me.

"Gez nerd this isn't the first time you've run into me." He spits while pushing me.

"I'm sorry," I tell him not making eye contact.

"I gave you a warning last time, this time you don't get one." He says picking me up by the shirt.

He slams me into the locker hard. I instantly felt my head begin to pound and my glasses fell off my face. He punched me in the stomach and the eye. My vision started to blur.

"Hey, let him go." I heard a strong-toned female voice say. I knew damn well that wasn't Lily's voice.

"What are you going to do about it Clark?" Andrew spat at her.

"This.." she says and all I hear is a gut and I fall down against locker being set free from Andrew's grip.

"Now leave!" I hear her yell. I heard shuffling feet around me as they obeyed her demand. I roam my hands around in search of my glasses.

"Here." I hear her whisper and slip my glasses onto my face. I blink fast adjusting my vision and looking like an idiot.

Once I get my vision back I see her face. She had sun-kissed skin, light brown eyes with long lashes, mixed long brown hair, and a couple of freckles, and she also had a small scar on her right cheekbone.

"Thanks" I manage to say to her. She smirks and says, "Let's get you to the nurse" She helps me up and grabs some of my stuff.

As we walk over to the nurse's office people were looking at us all weirdly and already gossiping.

"Ms. Clark I need to see you in my office now!" The principal yelled from down the hall.

"I have to go," She sighs with her jaw clutched and her fist curled up before walking away. Leaving me in the nurse's office.

I walk into the principal's office and sit, feeling the familiarity of the seat

"Can you explain this?!" Mr. Morgan yells at me pointing at Andrew who was holding an ice back to his black eye and he had a busted lip. I turn my head and look at his stupid face, I chuckle and turn my back around.

"He was bullying a kid so I stood up for him," I tell him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's your fault for being involved he should've spoken up." He says sitting up in his seat.

"Well if any of the teachers actually cared here maybe he would of," I say rising my voice while getting up from my seat.

"Look I don't appreciate you punching my main soccer player or the attitude," He yells, as Andrew snickers at me.

"You don't even care about the kids here! All you care about is school sports. You're a d*ck," I spat at him and walk out of his office making sure to slam the door hard.

"Jane! Jane!!" I heard him call my name. I didn't care and headed to class.

I was in my photography class with a black eye thanks to Andrew

I was in my photography class with a black eye thanks to Andrew. Lily was trying to cheer me up but it wasn't helping.

"Alright, class I'm going to give a project/contest. This assignment will be about a person that I assign you to. You will get to know this person to be their 'BFF'. This is a way to socialize. And whoever does best gets a 100% in all final grades and that person will be in the yearbook. This is also part of an entry for a scholarship so I recommend you all participate" He tells us, as he grabs some papers.

"I will give you each a paper with a name I randomly selected," He says as he starts to pass out the papers.

Lily got her paper first, she looked at her paper and her eyes widened.

"Who did you get?" I ask her peeking over at the paper.

"Andrew Martinez," She says and my heart drops, I felt like puking. Mr. Spend hands me my paper. I close my eyes and turn the paper over to see who I got.

The paper had written...

Jane Clark.