Chapter 14

She finally fell back to sleep as I soothed her back

She finally fell back to sleep as I soothed her back. She looks at peace in my arms. I hate that her memories haunt her at night. Maybe that's why she looks tired at times. I wish I could help her more. I'm just not sure what to do. I look down at her and she sighs in relief in her sleep. She fits perfectly in my arms. I want to tell her I'm falling for her, that she's all I can think about. Not seeing her this week hurt me. I felt like she was pushing me away. I want to be by her side at all times and care for her. If only she realized she wasn't the only one who felt like this, alone. I feel alone at times too. I may have a mom who loves me and Lily as a friend or whatever we are now, but I'm always alone too. Having Jane around has brought me confidence in myself and I feel happy. I kiss her forehead before deciding to close my eyes and fall asleep.

An annoying beeping sound had woken me up and I try to turn over slightly but I couldn't. I look down to see Jane wrapped around me. I chuckle a bit as she's still sleeping. I reach over to the small nightstand and shut off the alarm. Jane shifts a bit, "Five more minutes," She mumbles against my chest. I would love to but I know if we go back to sleep we won't wake up. I turn on the lamp and the light blinds me. I grab my glasses placing them on my face. Jane stretches and complains a bit about the light. She opens her eyes and smiles at me, "Good morning,"

"Good morning," I smile back.

"What time is it?" She asks grabbing the covers to wrap herself in.

"4:30," I say sitting up.

"Why so early?" She wines and covers her face.

"We're going on a hike remember?" I chuckle lightly. She takes the cover off her face, "I forgot,"

I get up from the bed, as she still lays there. She rests her head on the pillow, "What about my clothes? I don't have anything for hiking," She yawns closing her eyes. Little does she know I had someone deliver us clothes last night after she fell asleep watching friends.

"Oh, no you don't" I grab her arm and start pulling her but she doesn't budge. I go over to the end of the bed and grab her ankles and pull them towards me. She yelps in response as her body slides towards me. She's laying on her back in shock as I hover over her body. I wanted to kiss her but I resisted myself. I was more scared that she'd kick me in the balls than anything. She stared into my eyes, "We have clothes, I had someone deliver them last night," I gulp and she doesn't say a word. "Come on let's get dressed," I stand up as she sits up.

I go over to the closet and grab the clothes for her along with hiking boots. I hand them to her, "Thank you," She says politely.

"You're welcome," I reply back and head into the bathroom to get dressed. Once I brushed my teeth and got dressed, I walked out to see Jane dressed and ready to go. She pulled her hair into a braid and despite her puffy eyes, she looked beautiful. I pack my backpack with my camera, film camera, sketchbook, snacks, and water.