Chapter 9

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, I pick up my head to see myself on the floor still with pillows and blankets and a missing Cesar

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, I pick up my head to see myself on the floor still with pillows and blankets and a missing Cesar. I sat up rubbing my face, and my eyes burned from falling asleep with my contacts in. The door opened and it was Cesar, he was dressed differently. He had a tan and white knitted polo pullover, light blue jeans, and white converse. His hair was done with gel.

"You're awake" He smiles as he puts on his watch.

"Yeah," I croak out, "Why are you dressed so nicely?" I ask.

"I'm getting dressed for church," He says walking over to me.

"Church? You go to church?"

"Yes, I do" He stretches his hand out to help me up. I stand up and dust my bum.

"Sorry, about last night," I say to him rubbing my neck nervously.

"No, worries, and thank you for hanging out," He grunge ear to ear.

"Well, I'll get out of your hair and get going" I begin to walk away.

"Did you want to come with us?" He grabs my arm sending me shock waves.

"I-Us?" I stammer and he chuckles "Me and my mom"

"Oh-I, I don't do church. I'm sorry" I say to him pressing my lips.

"It's okay, maybe another time. Come on I'll introduce you to my mom" he says as I follow him downstairs.

His mom was stunningly beautiful as she was dressed in a baby blue suit and beige heels. She looked like a boss lady. She was about 5'4 without heels, green eyes, lightly tanned skin, and dark haired. She turns to look at me, Cesar looks just like her.

"Hi, you must be the famous Jane I've heard so much about" she smiles sticking her hand out.

I take her hand, "Nice to meet you"

"Nice grip" she compliments before releasing our greeting shake.

"Thanks," I chuckle.

"I'm Stacey by the way I forgot to mention that"

"No worries," I nervously said. What the hell, why am I nervous?

"Will you be joining us for church?" she asks putting on one of her earrings and I nod my head, "No, sorry I have work" I lie.

"Maybe next time" she gives me a warm smile.

Cesar stood there watching us conversate as he drank coffee. "Well, I have to go," I say and walk over to my things. I put my shoes on and I felt them both staring at me and conversating in Spanish. I grab my things as Cesar hands me a container.

"What's this?" I ask taking it from his hand.

"I packed some left over dinner from yesterday for your lunch" he said kindly trying to help me cover my lie up.