Chapter 4

Heading to the cafeteria, I met up with Lily to grab lunch

Heading to the cafeteria, I met up with Lily to grab lunch. As we were in line waiting she asked me how the project for photography is going.

"It's tougher than I thought, she's so stubborn"

"Mine has been a piece of cake"

"Really?"

"Yeah Andrew didn't mind me interviewing him"

"Wow" I act assumed when I'm not because he's an a*s.

"He's not bad" I snap my head looking at her. Her cheeks turn up, "Not that bad? Lily, are you a lunatic or something? Don't you see he bullies people including me" I say raising my voice a bit and making people's heads turn in our direction.

"Look, you're right I'm sorry"

"Don't tell me you're crushing over him"

"No" She bites her lip.

"You're lying to me"

"No! I'm not" She whispers yells.

"Sure, whatever you say" I mumble pissed off. I finally receive my food and look around for Jane. I didn't see her, I pull my phone out and text her. She texted back saying 'bleachers', I quickly ate my pizza on the way there and held the apple in my hand. Walking towards the bleachers I see her sitting and looking out into the empty field. As I finally approached her, she turned to see me for a second. She looked different today, tired and worn. I could see the bags that formed under her eyes, she looked paler and not sun-kissed.

"You finally made it" her voice croaked a bit.

"Yeah, I had to get lunch," I say sitting a few inches away from her. I took my pen and notepad out and jump right into questions wasting no time."What's one of your favorite things about school?" I ask her and scoffs, "Absolutely nothing, especially this school. Nobody cares around here and if they do it's about the sports. It's a shame what the school system has become. Girls around here don't even care about grades they're so worried about society  judging them and how many views they get on TikTok or Instagram"

It was the most I had ever heard her talk about anything. "Why did you save me from Andrew?" I ask boldly and she glanced at me.

"Because he's an a*shole, and like I said none of the facilities care and someone has to stand up for you guys"

"You guys as in?"

"As in people who get bullied, I hate that you guys are targeted for no reason. People are just cruel"

"Yeah, I will never understand why they do it"

"Beats me," She says shrugs drinking water from her black hydro flask.

"Do you have any-
I was interrupted by the school bell ringing, "We can finish this later?" She presumes and gets up picking up her things.

"Sure, when are you free?"