Chapter 8

After work, I headed home to shower and change into new clothes

After work, I headed home to shower and change into new clothes. I put on black cargo pants, a white long sleeve, my doc martens, my olive green jacket, and my bag.

I arrive at Cesar's place, and my stomach turns to see the area he lives in. I make sure to cover my face when I drove in, I press the button on his gate to let me in. As I park my bike, he's standing there waiting for me. I get off and walk towards him, "Hey" he sheepily says.

"Are we going to go inside or just see the exterior of it?" I starkly joked and he laughs. I follow him inside and his home was stunning as I expected like all the other homes in this neighborhood. But his home felt homey and warm. "Come on I'll give you a quick tour" He motions for me to follow him.

"This is the kitchen, and to the left is the dining room. The right side is the living room, go down the hall and there are two bathrooms. There's also a guest room next to the bathroom" he says pointing around as I followed him.

"Now upstairs," he says as we go upstairs, "we've got eight rooms and four bathrooms. My room is right over here," he opened the door and I stood in the door frame. His room was huge, with a king-sized bed, and a wooden rustic theme, he had beautiful windows and a balcony. "Wow," I say breathlessly waking in.

"You like it?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Like? It's gorgeous" I say looking around.

"Come on, let me show you my other room"

"Other room?" I walk out following him. We go a door or two down from his room. We walk in and it was an art studio, my eyes were in amazement. There were canvases, paint, brushes, easels, a wheel, clay, and just art everywhere with stunning windows that showed the view of the backyard. I got close to the window to see a garden and pool.

"This is your studio?"

"Yeah, my mom thought it was a good idea since I love art"

"Well, your mom seems like a smart woman" I chuckle and he agrees. I walk over to one of the canvases on the easel, "Oh, it's not done!" Cesar says running in front of me so I wouldn't see it.

"Come on let me see it" I tease trying to get past him. "No!" He laughs and tries to push me away but I successfully get past him. As I'm about to look I felt his hands wrap around my waist and pull me away. "I said no," as I try to fight him off. As he's trying to hold me back, we end up stumbling together and on the floor. I hit my head on his chest and had fallen on top of him. I lift my head a bit and see him groaning from the impact. "Oh shut up, I'm not that heavy!" I smack him lightly and we laugh together, our laughter dies slowly as we stare at each other. I broke our staring competition up and lay on the floor next to him. "I love your studio room," I say to him and he turns his head to look at me.

"You think so?" He grins exposing his dimples.

"Yeah, the windows make it even better. I just love the space and the air it's like you-