Chapter 7

I woke up to my alarm beeping, opening my eyes slightly to see my blurry room

I woke up to my alarm beeping, opening my eyes slightly to see my blurry room. I reach for my glasses placing them on my face. I stretch letting out a big yarn, I groan forcing myself out of bed. I got dressed in my white tank top, jeans underneath my blue jumpsuit, and my converse. I comb my long hair into a low ponytail. I grabbed an apple before leaving and heading to work.

I showed up barely having the ability to function, it took me an hour to change someone's brakes, forty-five minutes for an oil change when it should have taken fifteen, two hours to get new shocks on a dodge ram truck, and everything just took longer today. I was frustrated with myself. I couldn't even focus on the 1978 Ford Mustang in front of me. It was a beauty and honor to work on this vehicle. I was supposed to replace the passenger door since it had gotten badly dented by some idiot in the parking lot, along with a paint job for the door to match, and put in a new windshield from a rock hitting it. I sigh rubbing my face as I sat on my wheeling chair. I had only gotten the old door off. I look at the time and it read 12:45 pm, my stomach grumbled.

"Hey Pete, I'm going for lunch. Want anything?" I yell at him since he was inside the office, I grab my keys.

"No, thanks. Be careful!" He yells back. I walk out the door and drive towards the cafe.

I was cleaning the pool since Lily was coming over to hang out

I was cleaning the pool since Lily was coming over to hang out. I smacked the net against the trash can to throw away the leaves from inside the net. I walk back inside and the doorbell rang. "Who is it?!" I yell walking over to it.

"It's me, dork," Lily says with a playful snarky attitude. I open the door and she automatically walks in. "Or just come in" I roll my eyes closing the door.

We decided to play Call of Duty and mario cart for a couple of hours. "I'm hungry" she drags as she lays on the floor with the remote control next to her.

"I could make us food," I imply and she shakes her head.

"I want a burger with melted crispy cheese" she groans and I laugh.

"How dare you laugh at my starvation!" She sits up pushing me.

"Let's go eat then"

"Where?"