Chapter 42

I followed Cesar out of town hall, and the police chief was there with his car on

I followed Cesar out of town hall, and the police chief was there with his car on. There's no way. They started putting cuffs on Cesar.

"You can't do this," Stacey frantically told the officer.

"Ma'am, he assaulted someone. We're just going to take him downtown and get him booked. His bail will be out in the morning," He tells her calmly.

"Book him? You've got to be kidding," She starts to cry, "Please don't do this," She held onto the officer's arm.

"We'll talk more when we get there," Another officer kindly said to her with his hand resting on her arm.

They put him inside the vehicle and close the doors. Stacey turned to me with tears in her eyes, "I'm going to get the car, wait right here,"

I nod my head and grab onto Cesar's coat tighter. Gosh damn it, Cesar. I kicked the snow on the floor. All I could think about was his college career. They won't accept him now. It's all my fault; if only I would have kept my mouth shut.

The doors opening from behind caught my attention, and I turned around to Lucky and following behind him some other people. Lucky embraced me in a hug, and I gladly accepted. "He's going to be okay, I know the chief of police," He says, and I sniffle, nodding.

We pulled away, and the people that followed behind him were watching.

"Jane, these people are reporters. They got the whole thing on film," He tells me.

"Okay, so what do they want?" I ask, readjusting Cesar's coat.

"We want to hear your side of the story, from the beginning, where it all started. We know a couple of things about Jared that other media outlets covered for him back in the day," A young journalist said. She had bouncy dark curls and beautiful milky skin.

"We want to expose Mr. Clark for his injustice in the court and outside," A man with blonde slick back hair said.

"So what do you say?" Lucky asked me.

I exhale deeply, thinking about it, looking down, I play with my fingers.

If I do this, it'll expose the true monster of my father. Maybe even get him thrown in jail. His whole career will be ruined. Nobody will want him as a major. Lucky would most likely get custody of Jade. If they press charges against Cesar, this may help. My mind kept racing about the pro and cons.

I look back up at them, "Let's do it,"

They cheered a bit and high-fived each other. "Alright then, it's settled. I'm Angie, by the way and this is Carl," She shakes my hand and points at Carl. He soon after shook my hand.

A car horn beeped, and I turned around to see Cesar's mom.

"Lucky, give them my info, and I'll do an interview," I tell him, and he nods. I walk to the car, getting in. Before we took off, there was a knock on my window.