Chapter 50

Two months later...

May 1st.

I sat along Cesar's hospital bed as I told him about my day

I sat along Cesar's hospital bed as I told him about my day. Which wasn't much considering that I couldn't do anything without assistance now.

"I finally shaved my head. I know, took me long enough," I chuckle to myself. "I had patches of hair missing on my scalp, and I was so damn stubborn about it too. Luckily, Richie and Lucky convinced me because they showed me a picture of my head from behind, and it was terrible. I mean do I look like an egg head? Of course, I do but it's better than having bald patches," I laugh looking at him.

His chest rose and fell once again as the room was slient with the machines operating.

I sighed looking down at his hand. "I miss you so much. The way you smile at me when I talk in my horrible british accent. I miss your laugh and jokes. I miss the way you hold me," My voice cracked a bit.

I sniffled and looked back up at him, "Please wake up soon. Everyone misses you, especially your mom,"

"I'm trying everyday to keep her occupied but I think she's drowning herself with work to keep her mind off you. She comes every morning and night to see you. I bet you already know that but if not well know you do," I tell him.

"Please, wake up. I need you and I don't know how much longer I can last without you," I whisper as a few tears escape my eyes.

I glid my hand over his face lightly. His brusies are all healed and the bandages came off his head and cuts. The doctor said his cast should be coming off soon too but he still hasn't woken up.

I wipe my nose and sniffle. I give him one kiss on his hand and then his lips.

"I love you," I whisper in his ear before exiting the room in my wheelchair.

I fixed my nasal cannula and say 'Hi' to the nurses as I go back to my room.

Lucky soon appeared with white paper bags and I knew it was food by the grease stains. He pulled out the hamburges and fries along with milk shakes.

"How'd court go?" I asked as I dipped my fry into my shake.

"It went well. The jury seems to be on my side. They'll be reading your letter soon," He tells me.

I had written a letter for his custody battle.

"I hope they give you full custody. You deserve every right," I mumble with food in my mouth.

"Yeah, after the jury found out about your dad drunk driving. They seemed to take my side,"

A part of me was sad that this all happened but a part of me was happy that it did. Lucky will most likely get full custody of his daughter. The down side is that Cesar is still in a coma and it kills me everyday to see him like that.