Chapter 20

After running into Ms

After running into Ms. Goodman at the hospital, she believed my lie. But I'm hoping she doesn't tell Cesar. I finish my shift at the Shop and rush to get to the club. I change quickly in the locker room pinning my hair up and applying red lip stick. I catch my reflection real quick in the mirror. The makeup was luckily holding me together. I could see the exhaustion through my eyes. "You can do this Jane, it's a short shift today," I say to myself in the mirror as I fix a few strands of hair.

I get into the bar booth and place my apron on. The night went by smoothly, luckily this time I wasn't alone, and it was almost time for my shift to be over. As I wipe the counter top with a cloth, one of the bimbo waitresses came up to me.

"Special order," she hands me the slip and sitting on a stool.

"You got it," I reply reading the slip.

"Oh, and they want you to take it to them," She rolls her eyes playing with her necklace before getting off the stool. I stand there a bit confused before making the drinks. I sigh walking up the stairs and looking for the table number. I place the drinks on the table, "Hello, beautiful," His voice sending me chills down my spine. I look up to meet his ocean eyes. Jake.

"Hi," I say with a soft smile.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you the last couple of times I've been here," He leans forward to the table, his elbows on his knees.

"So you've been looking for me huh?" I cross my arms over my chest smirking while holding the tray.

"I mean you're the best looking gal here," He leans back on the couch and rests his hands under his head. "So where you've been sweet cake?" He asked and I scrunch my nose at the pet name.

"I was out of town on business," my voice comes out flat.

"Interesting," He just smirks, "So when are you going to let me take you out?"

I burst out laughing, "Sure, why would a rich guy like you want to go on a date with a low life like me?"

"I'm serious," He chuckled with a charming smile.

I was taken back but flattered a bit, "I'm flattered but I'm seeing someone,"

He snickers, "That's too bad. Do I know this gentleman?"

"I don't think so," I shake my head chuckling.

"Was it the one I saw one tv along with your photo?" He sips his drink.

"So you are stalking me," I chuckle a bit.

"It's not stalking if you're labeled a hero for the whole town. But you sure look different in here then out there," His blue eyes clocked with mine. His eyes pierced through me giving me chills.