Chapter 39

It's been a few days since the bathtub incident with Cesar

It's been a few days since the bathtub incident with Cesar. I was surprised I let things get a bit further than before. I'm not sure what got into me, but I liked it. School's been fine after the whole fight with Lily. She only got suspended, technically a slap on the wrist in my book. She hasn't been able to make eye contact with me at all when we pass each other in the halls or even in our government class.

 Work has been a bit slow. We only have three cars in the shop, but that's alright with me. I clock out and say bye to Pete. Before jumping on my motorcycle, I get a text message from Cesar.

'Meet me at my house asap'

I didn't bother to answer and do what he said. I get there as fast as possible, hoping he isn't hurt or an emergency. I punch in the code to his gate and ride up the driveway. I get off and rush to the front door, knocking on it.

The door opens, revealing a very hot Cesar dressed in cowboy attire, from the button-up to the big belt buckle, the hat, and boots. My jaw drops to the floor.

He chuckled, "Close your mouth, or you'll catch a fly,"

I shake my head, "Shut up. I thought you were dying or something," I push him lightly.

"Sorry, I should have more context, but I found out there's a rodeo in the next town over and thought we could go," He gives a dashing smile.

"Really?" I smirk.

"Yes, now come inside and get ready. I went shopping earlier and got you an outfit with boots," He yanks me inside. 

I kiss him as he closes the door before I run off to his room. I quickly shower off my work, smell of car oil and motor engine. I look at the door and see my outfit hanging on the hook—a white button-up with high-waisted wrangler jeans with a beautiful leather belt and belt buckle. I quickly blow-dried my short hair before putting the hat on. I see Cesar holding the pair of boots he got for me.

I smile and grab them from him, placing them on my feet. They were beautiful, square toe and medium brown with embroidered sunflowers.

"You're missing something," He taps his chin lightly.

"Like what?" I ask him.

"Jewelry," He snaps his fingers and leaves the room. Okay then.

I return to the bathroom and do my makeup while he's gone. He walked in with a jewelry box.

"Where did you get that?" I ask while putting my lip gloss on.

"This is my mom's, but I don't think she'd mind lending you some," He opens it.

As I looked through it, there was nothing in my style. I shake my head, "I don't like anything. It's okay, I don't need it. Let's go," I tell him.

"Here have mine," He says, putting the box down, and I look at him in confusion. Next thing I know, he's taking off his gold chain necklace and putting it on me.