Chapter 29 ~ Liam

Chapter 29 ~ Liam

It's seems like ur friends will get an aneurysm after all. I'm going  —TAMMY

I read and I can’t believe it. I stare at the screen for several minutes trying to understand, struggling to believe whether it is real or just a joke, but the words are there, staring back at me and as I start to accept it, the smile on my lips grows wider and wider. Tammy is coming, for me… just for me. I can’t believe it. When I told her I wished she were here, I never expected this. I’m surprised how much she has changed with me, how different and easy things are now between us. And that she is coming, just to look after me because I’m a bit ill… that makes me ridiculously happy. And I can’t wait to see her.

R U joking? cuz if U R, it's not funny —Liam

I send her, just to make sure and her reply is quick.

I thought u'd get an aneurysm too hahaha & it’s true, I’m coming. I’ll be there tomorrow morning —Tammy

I didn’t think I could smile wider, but I apparently can and I can’t stop. I just want to see her, have her with me and make sure this is actually happening. I was scared she would push me away, just like Hannah did with Harry. I remember how hard it was for him, but Tammy is so different. Although her past makes her not to trust anyone, she trusts me, and she let me in and now she doesn’t push me away.

How lucky am I?

And the fact that she is coming makes me feel a bit better already but the hours pass so slowly and I’m constantly checking my phone. When she tells me she is in the plane and on her way, I’m bouncing like a little bunny. It’s pitiful, but I don’t care. The lads ask me what’s wrong but I can’t tell them, I don’t know how to tell them I’m just excited because Tammy is coming to see me. Physically, I feel terrible, this cold isn’t as harmless as I thought first, but I feel so excited because Tammy is about to arrive that I think I can do anything.

We’re on our way to the venue and Tammy hasn’t arrived to the hotel but she is in Rome, she is just stuck in the traffic jam, for what she told me, so when we’re in the lobby of the hotel, I stay behind.

I’m coming. don’t leave yet. We can take a taxi or something to go the venue if they can’t wait —Tammy

She texts me so I stop, but the lads stay behind, curiosity written all over their faces as I keep watching the doors, waiting for her. Is it silly that I’m so happy because she is here? Or that I feel like everything is in its place when I see her walking through the doors, with a small bag hanging from her shoulder, her messy hair falling rebelliously around her features, her striking and sexy outfit, the shades that she pulls on top of her head just to look back at me, with a beautiful smile on her lips. I feel something twisting inside of me and I think it’s just sheer happiness she is finally here.

I rush towards her, dying to hug her and make sure she is actually here and I’m not hallucinating because of the fever I know I have. But she is here, she hugs me back as tightly as I hug her. She is actually here, I can’t get tired of that. I snug my head in the crock of her shoulder and just breathe in, filling my nostrils with her perfume and I smile, so happy I have her with me.

Tammy pulls back and surprises me by taking my face in her hands and kissing me. For a second I don’t move, too taken aback by her actions, but I recover soon enough and kiss her back, hugging her even tighter.

This is all I want, this is all I need.

When we break the kiss and I look her in the eyes, I make sure she understands how happy it makes me she is here with me and three seconds later I remember the lads are here, watching us with mouths hanging wide open and eyes filled with shock. I keep Tammy close, passing my arm around her waist to protect her because if the lads dare to say something to her, I’ll have to stop them. I won’t let anyone hurt Tammy if I can’t stop them.