Chapter 16 ~ Tammy

Chapter 16 ~ Tammy

Leaving is a relief. The Noob was getting on my nerves and I had to do something to stop him. Who does he think he is? He can’t just go around prying in my life, asking about my past. That’s private. That’s something I don’t share. The only person who knows where I’m from, my parents and my background story is Janet and only because she is my manager, I have to trust her with those things. Plus, she is the only mother figure I have right now. She takes care of us but she is not overbearing so it’s cool, I don’t feel like snapping at her. And I know she has our best interests in mind. After all these years, I know we owe her where we are. But she promised me she would never tell anyone my story and I know she won’t because if she does, everything will be ruined and it will the end of Prodigy because no one would be able to find me ever again.

Emma, Leanne and Skyler don’t know anything about my past. They only know the present Tammy and that’s how I want things to be like with everyone else. If my band mates don’t know, no one else has the right to know. Especially Liam Payne. He is no one but someone who also works for one of the charities I’m a volunteer for.

So I’m glad that we’re back in London and Janet has many good news for us. Exciting news. Having that gig with One Direction for the charity You Matter and being broadcasted by Radio BBC1 was definitely something good for us, too.

“You have a lot of work to do, girls. So no more parties,” Janet says looking at Skyler. She groans and glares daggers at us for getting her so drunk the other night. Emma, Leanne and I chuckle “We have interviews and photoshoot sessions. Plus, you’ll shoot the video for your next single and of course, we’ll work a bit more on the new songs. You have a week after this to go visit your family and friends if you want.” I appreciate that Janet doesn’t even look at me when she says that.

Emma gets excited; I know it. She loves her mum with all her heart and she goes to see her every opportunity she gets. This won’t be the exception. Sky also smiles. We haven’t had a proper break in a few months already. Leanne claps, she has so many friends back home, she always talks about them. Meanwhile, I’ll stay in my flat and I’ll go to some charities, like I do every time I have free time.

“Today you will shoot an interview with Alan Carr, I hope you’re excited. I know he is,” Leanne and I gasp when we hear his name. We love Alan Carr! I’ve always wanted to have an interview with him in the Chatty Man! “So go with Kim, she is waiting for you four.”

We obey immediately, me first! It’s great to have work to do, to promote our music. Tonight we’re releasing our new single so probably Alan will ask about it and we’ll perform it, as this show will be aired in a few days. Oh, I’m just so excited! I can’t actually wait. This is a great way to get back on track and forget we ever had something to do with One Direction and that Liam is an idiot who thinks I’m worth a fight.

+ + + + +

“My dear, you’re more beautiful than I excepted! For a second I wish I could be straight,” Alan jokes when we walk in and Leanne giggles, Sky shrugs and Emma and I smirk, following his game. “Believe me, it’s a real pleasure to have Prodigy with me today. Everyone is talking about you, girls! You’re a sensation. We British people are so proud of you,” he says and my smile widens. I can’t help it, this is what I seek, this is what I’ve always wanted. To be acknowledged for what I do well.

“Thank you, Alan. We’re delighted to be here, too,” Leanne says and then she looks at the camera, winking at the guy controlling it and I see him blushing. Oh Leanne, you just can’t stop, can you?

“That’s great, but don’t make my guys too nervous, love,” Alan teases Leanne and she giggles again, looking shy when we all know she is not. “Well, what can you tell us about your new single?” Cue to his words he takes a CD with the single. It’s a very dark image, with us staring into your very soul as we hold our instruments. Leanne is only with the drumsticks, of course. “It’s called Who Cares, isn’t it?