Chapter 12 ~ Tammy

Chapter 12 ~ Tammy

The sound check goes smoothly, although we still can see Louis is in pain. Poor guy, Mila really hit him hard. I had to fight my laughter back just because of how hard she hit him, the poor bloke ended up on the floor for a long while with Kay supported and comforted him. I don’t understand quite well why this happened, but it’s always funny to see a guy being kicked in the balls. Yet he looked so miserable on the floor, I kind of felt bad for him. But Kay helped him a lot and he is now better, but I don’t think she is well. After Louis recovered and could stand on his feet again, he looked at her like she was just another annoying fly and she looked so hurt. Why does he do that? Kay only helped him and he didn’t even say thanks.

I know I’m getting too into all this drama and I shouldn’t care, it’s just that I don’t understand what’s happening and that’s intriguing. I could ask Liam, I’m sure he would answer without a problem, but I don’t want him to believe I care because I don’t. It’s just curiosity.

A good think about Mila kicking Louis in the balls is that he can reach the high notes easily and we –and by we I mean the girls and I– make sure to let him know about it but he only looks at us murderously. He has so much hatred in his heart it’s kinda of amusing.

After sound check I disappear. I just want to check on the kids. Everyone from the charity is here, Roxy –the head of the charity, a nice and caring woman that really cares about the kids– brought them before so they could watch the sound check and have fun. The rest of the audience hasn’t arrived so it’s only them and for that reason, I can approach them.

“Tammy!” Ray calls, being the first to spot me as I walk towards them and he runs to the fence where a guard immediately comes to him.

“It’s okay,” I tell the guard raising my hand to stop him. “He is my friend,” I add and for the corner of my eye I see Ray’s humongous smile.

I know, I know so well how much it means when someone you trust considers you a friend, someone important. I know that for Ray, a boy that has had a terrible life, someone who hasn’t really known love, to call him my friend in front of a complete stranger is meaningful, and weird at the same time. I don’t know if he knows why I can understand him so well or why we have the bound we have, but sometimes when I look him in the eyes I’m almost sure he knows why, although I’ve never told him a single thing.

“How are you?” I ask meeting him at the fence that divides the crowd from the stage. “Excited? Did you like the sound check?”

“You two are so awesome!” He exclaims excited, his smile as wide as it can be. I can’t wait for the actual show.”

“It’s gonna be even better. I’m gonna look prettier,” I wink at him and his cheeks turn of a light rose. “And even maybe One Direction will look like men,” I joke and he chuckles.

I still tease them a lot about looking like cute little boys and I know they are getting used to that, so I’m losing interest. Liam already accepted that it’s our way to communicate, he doesn’t react anymore. Although there’s always something in his eyes, I can’t put my finger on it, but I know there’s more than what he lets the rest see.

I know I hide myself in the rebel image because it’s the safest way I’ve found to survive in this world, but I wonder if he does something similar. Maybe he hides himself as well. I’ve seen him always being good and although I still don’t understand why, I noticed he is always pleasing everyone, or at least he tries. His band mates, the kids at the charity, the girlfriends of his friends, Management, security, every member of their crew. He can’t fail to anyone. I’ve also noticed he changes a lot depending on whom he is with.