Chapter 3 ~ Liam

Chapter 3 ~ Liam

Worst. Date. Ever.

I’m not lying, I think this is the worst blind date in the history of blind dates. In a scale of one to ten where one is bad and ten is oh my God, somebody save me… This date gets a hundred. And I’m being nice. Tammy is, without a doubt, the rudest person I’ve ever met. It’s like she has no filter and says everything that pops up in her mind, she doesn’t care whether she may hurt someone or not.

I don’t get it. Why would Grimmy set me up with her? You don’t have to be a genius to know Tammy and I have nothing, and I repeat, nothing in common. You could have never found two people more different than us. And yet here I am, bearing with this awful girl.

“So, you and Grimmy are friends, uh? When did you two meet?” I question, trying to make small talk.

“So… what are you?” She asks instead of answering. I mean, can’t she be nicer? Is it that hard? “What’s your deal?” Tammy goes on when I don’t reply and I only stare at her. She is smoking, more than Mila and Zayn together. It’s like she takes a drag and lets it go immediately, she doesn’t hold it or anything like I’ve seen the guys doing. She almost looks like a little girl learning to smoke.

“What do you mean?” I inquire back

Tammy rolls her eyes evidently, not even trying to hide her annoyance with my question. It’s not my fault! She is not being clear. “I mean, what are you supposed to be? You look like a girl. Are you sure you’re not a lesbian pretending to be a boy? I’m telling you, being in a boy band doesn’t help cover up the fact that you’re a girl deep inside.”

See what I mean? Rude!

“And what are those?” She inquires next and I notice she is pointing at my tattoos. “Couldn’t you pick a girlier font for that one?” She refers to the sentence on my left arm. “Is that the mark left by a tyre?” Now she points at my right arm. “A feather? What are you? Demi Lovato? I mean, her tattoos fit her, she is a girl and she looks great, but you’re pretending to be a guy. It’s not working, mate.”

I breathe in deeply. I won’t fall for her games, I won’t. I close my eyes for three seconds and when I open them, she is smiling. She knows she is getting on my nerves, that I’m reaching my limit. I’m short-tempered, I can’t hold it for too long.

“You don’t have to be mean, you know? All this tattoos have an important meaning to me. This one,” I refer to the arrows on my right arm. “Are for my band mates. One Direction, remember? These are arrows.”

“Gay,” is all what she says. “Seriously, Noob, tattoos like those don’t make you look tough. You look even more like a lesbian.”

“Did you just call me a noob?” I ask, clenching my fists ever so tightly. I’m reaching my limit.

Her smile is cocky. “I did. Problem?” Again, I have to take a deep breath not to snap at her. “Is that or lesbian. You choose.”

“Okay, that’s it. I’m not gonna put up with this anymore. I’m leaving! I tried to make it work, you know, but you’re impossible.” To my surprise –okay, maybe not that big of a surprise– she laughs, leaning back in a very relaxed position, throwing her cigarette to the floor.

“But we’re just starting! You can’t give up on us!” She cries falsely, not even trying to make it sound real. “Like I care.”

“You are a twat, did you know that?” She nods, never losing her smile. “You’re obnoxious, rude and unbearable. The worst girl I’ve ever had the disgrace to meet. And you know what? I don’t have time for this.” I rise to my feet and turn around after throwing some pounds to the table to pay for my drink that I didn’t even finish. My knuckles are white, but I can’t relax yet. Plus, the paparazzi have been taking pictures of us all this time, I don’t even wanna know what they will say about this tomorrow.