Chapter 19 ~ Liam

Chapter 19 ~ Liam

We all look with eyes wide open at the scene in front of us. Andy at the end accepted that Kay wouldn’t give him a chance, no matter how charming he tried to act, so he gave up and she went back to Louis.

And now they are snogging.

What is happening? How? Why? Are we all so drunk we’re imagining the same? But I haven’t drunk a single drop tonight! Not yet, at least. I think I’m seeing things, but I’m not the only one with the same reaction. Everyone in the club —and by everyone I mean the lads, the girls and I— are staring at the… new couple?

We came here after our last gig in London to celebrate for the first part of the European tour. We’re leaving to Germany in two days and then the rest of the continent. We’re visiting many countries there, and we’re really excited. So celebrating with everyone seemed the right option considering that we won’t see them as much anymore. Even if we want, we can’t have a break every week, so we make sure to use properly the time we can get with our friends.

Louis is certainly taking advantage of this!

Man… I know Kay fancies him, and I think Lou has some feelings for her, he just won’t accept that in the near future. For that same reason, everything is so bizarre I don’t even know what to think. And with this thing about Kay being bisexual, things get even weirder. No one minds, believe me, Andy told the girls already and they didn’t even blink. Mila said she already knew it, she felt it. Apparently, Mila has so many gay friends that her radar has atomic precision. Niall, Harry and Zayn don’t mind either. But Louis really seemed offended, thus this situation is even more confusing.

I feel my pocket vibrating and I hurry to take off my mobile, grateful for the distraction. I really can’t understand Kay and Louis. They have the weirdest relationship.

I am surprised to see Tammy’s picture on my screen when I finally have the gadget in my hands. This is probably more bizarre than Louis and Kay snogging in the middle of the dance floor. I thought Tammy really didn’t want to hear of me and I wasn’t expecting her to call me, and certainly not this late —it’s almost midnight—, so I pick up with my eyebrows very furrowed.

“Hello? Tammy?” I ask. Maybe someone stole her phone and they are prank calling now.

“Liam?” But it’s her voice and even above the noise of the club, I can hear it sounds broken.

“Hold on,” I say and I don’t know how, but I manage to walks past everyone and leave the club so I can hear properly. Tammy hasn’t said another word but I know she hasn’t hung up. “Tammy, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” I ask, anxiety clear in my own voice.

“No… It’s Ray… Liam…” Just then I notice she has called me Liam, not Noob. And that scares me as shit. “Liam…” her voice breaks again and I hear sobs. Is Tammy crying?

“Tammy, where are you? What happened?”

“I didn’t know whom to call… Please, come. I— I don’t know what to do. Ray is in the hospital,” she finally says and I feel my blood freezing and when I hear her breaking into tears, my own heart breaks.

Still holding the phone against my ear, I go for my car. “Don’t hang up. I’ll be there in five minutes. Don’t worry, Tammy, he’ll be fine.”

“I’m scared…” She whines and it breaks me more and more to hear her like this.

I’m not really conscious of what I’m doing, I just know I have to be fast. I’m driving like soul being chased by the Devil Himself, but desperation moves my muscles, not my brain. I never hang up, I keep talking to Tammy although she can’t reply anymore. I talk and talk, making sure she is still at the other end of the line. I hear her sobs and I feel more desperate. Why can’t I be faster? Why is taking me so long? I know I’ll get some tickets for driving like this, but I don’t care. I have to get to Tammy… and Ray. Oh my God, what happened to him? Why is he at the hospital?