Chapter 25 ~ Liam

Chapter 25 ~ Liam

Probably it’s not the right time, probably I should pull back and give her space, time to recover and put herself together. I kind of feel like I’m taking advantage of her stage, but I can’t stop. I can’t retract. I’m being pulled towards her like gravity and I can’t resist that force, I can only get closer and closer until my left hand cups the back of her neck and pulls her even closer. I see her closing her eyes and cocking her head and I forget everything, I just close the distance and finally kiss her.

I try to be gentle, giving her the chance to push back any moment, but she doesn’t, she only deepens the kiss, holding on to me and getting closer. She pushes the box of pizza aside and I take that like she is into this as much as I am, so I let myself be. I give in and just enjoy the moment. I enjoy the taste of her lips, the softness of her hands on my skin, the way her body is next to mine in a tight embrace. The kiss grows in passion and I feel my heart beating harder and faster, but I can’t stop. Her hands are on my hair, ruffling it as my own hands are on her back, pulling her closer to my body.

I’ve wanted to kiss Tammy for a while already and I dreamt of a moment like this a few times, but my mind couldn’t keep up with reality, because being actually kissing her is better than what I could have ever imagined. Having her in my arms, feeling her so real with me, kissing me with a desire that it’s hard to explain… all that is better than in my dreams.

I feel necessity in her kiss, desire and fear. I just kiss her deeper because I want her to know how crazy she drives me, how much I want this, her. I want her to know I’m here to show her she can be loved, that hatred is not the only thing around.

She pulls back just to take a breath and then she kisses me again and I just can’t keep coherent thoughts anymore. I can only live our kiss.

When we finally break the kiss I feel like we’ve been like that for ages yet at the same time, it hasn’t bee nearly enough. I still want to kiss her, I still want to hold her tightly against my chest. I still have her in my arms, but it’s not the same. She looks at me with so much emotion in her eyes and I know she is trying to make sense out of this and I can’t help but to be a bit scared of how she will react.

Will she push me away?

Will she slap me for taking advantage?

Will she insult me?

“You are a good kisser,” she says and for a second I think I’ve heard her wrong and I have to blink a couple of times, and that seems to amuse her because she chuckles. “What? I know how to compliment, too, you know? I don’t only know insults,” she jokes but I’m still impressed. I wasn’t expecting that reaction. “But really, for a noob you’re really good,” Tammy adds chewing her lower lip in a sexy way and I feel my heart doing a flip-flop in my chest.

“Why thank you,” I reply with a smile playing on my lips, feeling lighter out of the sudden.

I cup her face with one of my hands, the other one stays on her back and I stroke her cheek with my thumb softly. I feel like I should tell her something about the way she makes me feel, but Tammy is not like that. She doesn’t like compliments, she is not used to hear caring words, she is not used to be taken care of. If I tell her the way I’m falling for her, how head over heels I am for her, I think it would only ruin the moment. She is not the girl who appreciates tender gestures, she doesn’t like roses, she doesn’t want a good boy. Cheesy gestures taken from chick flicks won’t win her over.

“You’re not bad either,” I say instead and she raises one eyebrow, an amused smile on her lips.

“We could practice, you know, just to be great. I like to be great,” she adds and I feel like jumping and pumping the air with a fist. I’m certainly learning how to be around Tammy, how to communicate.