52. Save Me

(Natalie's POV)

My life quickly flashes before my eyes as I feel Hunters hands pushing on my back, trying to roll me off the edge of the metal bridge as I'm lying on my side. I hear the sound of mine and my sisters laughs, then see Eric's face when he tells me he loves me, just outside the simulation room earlier.

Hey!" someone shouts from afar.

"Hunter, hurry, someone's coming!" Clarissa informs.

Heavy with soreness and pain, my battered body is rolled off the edge of the bridge, but not before I grab a hold of its bottom railing. A let out a shriek as I feel my lower half being yanked down into the weightless air, my entire body dangling over the deathly chasm.

"Hunter, let's go!"

My arms feel like they're slowly being ripped off, but my hands grip onto the railing for dear life—literally. I'm going to fall. I'm going to fall. I can't hold on for much longer.

"Hunter, come on!"

Panicking, I can feel my heart rate racing like never before. I groan out in pain and grunt as I use the last of my strength to grip onto the railing, but Hunter stands above me and lifts his boot up, stomping down on my left hand.

I let out another shriek as my hand looses its grip, my entire body now dangling over the chasm by only one arm. I'm going to lose my last grip. I'm going to fall. I'm going to die. I can feel it. I can feel death pulling for me.

Before I know it Hunter is falling over me with a yell. I scream and close my eyes, afraid that his body and weight is going to be all it takes to knock me down and lose my last, fighting grip.

"Natalie!"

That voice.

I open my eyes and see Eric's face as I look up, his hand stretching out to me as he gets down on his knees.

"Grab my hand!"

Just as I reach up to grab a hold of him with my left hand, my right hand slips and looses its grip on the railing.

"No!" I cry out.

My body yanks down into the air once again just as Eric grabs a hold of my wrist in time.

Save me. Save me. Save me. Don't let me fall.

"Babe, stop moving!" he stresses. I can see the terrified look in his eyes. Even though he's not letting go, he doesn't have that great of a hold on me. He can only hold onto me with one hand because his other hand is gripping onto the bridge, trying to keep us both from falling over.

I can't stay hanging like this for long—it feels like he's pulling my wrist off; it feels like I'm literally being torn apart.

I see two people running behind him. Brian and someone else. Please help. Please help.

Brian quickly gets down next to Eric and stretches out his hand to me. "Come on, reach up to me!" he shouts.

Without trying to sway so much, I reach my right hand up to get a hold of his hand. He grabs onto my forearm and begins pulling me up, and Eric pulls at my other forearm.

The both of them pull me up to safety, and the first thing I do is embrace Eric and whimper into his chest, my hands clutching onto the back of his shirt. His arms wrap around me so tightly that I wince and hiss from the pain. My entire right side feels badly injured, but holding onto him is the only thing that's allowing me to feel safe right now.