Chapter 23

Maddie's POV

Joe was half heartedly trying to calm me down, but I could see in his eyes that he would much rather be shouting at me. Usually Joe can easily calm me down quickly but this time it was different. I was panicking out of mind and it didn't feel like it was stopping anytime time soon.

After about 30 minuets Joe still hadn't calmed me down and Caspar soon came in. He saw me on the floor and came over to me. "Joe go out of the room." Caspar  said when he came near us. "NOW JOE!" Caspar  screamed at Joe when he didn't listen the first time. "Maddie did he hit you." Casp asked as I sat up. I shook my head. "Wait are you having a panic attack." He asked with the same worried expression Joe had on the plane the first time we ever meet. "Yes. But Casp please talk to him for me and try to get him to forgive me." I said after calming down. "Ok. You go to the sofa and I'll come up to see you when I have talked to him." Casp said whilst helping me off of the floor and to the stairs.

I was sat on the sofa when I heard faint whispers coming from downstairs. "JOE JUST SAY SORRY! SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG. IF YOU WANT TO GO AFTER SOMEONE GO AFTER FINN." I heard Caspar shout. "NO CASPER WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO OUT WITH SUCH A SLUT." I heard Joe shout. That broke my heart and with that I ran out of the door and slammed it shout. I heard my phone ping and I checked who it was through the tears.
Joe- Maddie where did you go? We need to talk.
Maddie- What do you can call me a SLUT and then break up with me
Joe- Maddie I didn't mean to say that but yes I think that if you go and kiss someone else whilst we're dating then we should BREAK UP
Maddie- Joe please I didn't kiss him. He kissed me
Joe- Maddie please stop lying to me. We're over

Those last few words is what broke my heart. I ran to the train station and got a ticket back to Brighton. When I was on the train I listen to my music but one of the songs made me break down.

I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you
She lays awake
Trying find the words to say
I wish I was
I wish I was
Beside you

It made me think of when Joe asked me to be his girlfriend. I had to skip the song as it brought back to many memories. By the end of the train journey I had tear stained checks. I text Marcus asking him to pick me up from the train station. On the way home I broke down when explaining what had happened and when we got back to our house he text Zoe saying that me and Joe had broken up and that I needed her right now.

When Zoe came home she said that she was going to kill Joe for breaking my heart when I didn't do anything wrong. I told her that she shouldn't and that made her ask why. "Zoe it's because I love him so much and I will get him back. And this time Finn won't kiss me and mess up my relationship." I said to her when Marcus had left. "Wait Maddie you still love him?" Zoe asked. "Yes of course I love him with all my heart." I said before breaking down once again.