Chapter 13

Maddie's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. I turned around in bed, thinking that Joe would be there, and saw the bed empty. I quickly looked around the room, my smile quickly fading. I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door. I thought about all the bad things that could of happened to him and I stated to have a full on panic attack. This never really happens and by that I mean panicking about a person, it's usually about if I feel safe. But here I was. Being so stupid having a panic attack about a boy I'm not even dating. But then a huge thought crossed my mind.
What if Marcus saw us and got very mad at Joe and did something he would regret?

I felt the tears stream down my face so quickly I didn't even know that there was a loud knock coming from the bathroom door. I stood up and tried to unlock the door. Because my hands were shaking it took a while. As soon as I opened the door I slide to the floor. "Maddie you are ok." Zoe stated but at this point I was worried about me just Joe. I tried to speak to Zoe but nothing came out. "Maddie don't try and talk just focus on your breathing ok." I did as she said and tried to breathe but I was still finding it do hard. I looked around to see someone walking through the door and running towards the bathroom, when they saw me and Zoe. "Marcus calm down.She'll be fine. You need to stay calm." with this he came over to me and sat down in front of me. "Maddie you need to focus on your breathing." I shook my head 'yes' but I still couldn't. After what seemed like forever of trying to calm down, I had just gotten worse than before.

It had been about 10 minuets later I still hadn't calmed down and I was still worrying about Joe. He normally comes to see how in doing when I have a panic attack. I could just make out what Zoe and Marcus were talking about but it seemed like they were getting quieter and quieter. Soon enough I felt very light headed. And then black took over my vision...