Chapter 17

Maddie's POV

Me and Joe returned later that night from our date and Zoe texted me saying she was going out with some other you-tubers that we came here with. We walked into the hotel laughing and talking all the way to our rooms. Joe linked our arms as we walked into mine and Zoe's room. Joe slowly lent in and I was waiting for his soft lips to touch mine but the we heard a loud cough from behind us. We both thought it was Zoe. But man were we wrong.

"Marcus what are you doing here?" I asked as I pulled my arm away from Joe and he did the same. "I didn't think it was true. I didn't think that you two were actually dating and it was just part of the music video!" He screamed at us as he stepped closer to us. "Maddie you said you would never date my friend!" Marcus said in a sad tone. "Marcus, I'm sorry. I wasn't meant to fall for him." I said and stepped closer to him but he just stepped closer to Joe. "And you, you said you wouldn't do this too. You said that you wouldn't touch my sister like that." Marcus spat at him. "Yeah but Marcus I didn't know I would fall in love with your sister. It wasn't meant to happen." Joe tried to defend us and I thought it had worked until I saw Marcus's fist make contact with Joe's face. "Joe!" I screamed rushing over to him and checking if he was ok. "Marcus why would you do that?" I screamed at him as he stepped back a bit. That was the thing Marcus now when I got angry and what made me angry. Violence was one of these things. Because my bother just punched my boyfriend I started to panic so much.

Would he hurt me?
Would Joe fight back?
Will Marcus forgive me and Joe?
Will Joe still want to be with me?

With all these thoughts running through my head one of them came true. I looked up to see the two men I love with all my heart fighting. Like physically fighting. And all I was doing was having a panic attack in the corner. But I decided I would stop the fight. I walked over to where they were fighting and stopped Joe throwing a punch. But then I saw Marcus's hand come towards my face obviously meant to be heading toward Joe. Then all of a sudden I felt something slap my check and then a sharp stinging pain came running up to my check.

Then I heard a voice that sounded like Marcus's repeatedly apologising. And then I heard Zoe burst through the door. Saw what was happening between Joe and Marcus, which was a lot of shouting, and run up to me. I could feel the blood run down my cheek and fall on my clothes. Zoe ran to the bathroom and got a wet clothe and started to dab my face with it. "I think you need stitches." Zoe said in a calm voice. I looked up to see where Marcus once stood. "Where did Marcus go?" I asked as Zoe helped me up. "I thought that you could both need some time to think and clam down. Now let's get you to the hospital." Zoe said and all I did was hold onto Joe while he kissed my head and say that Marcus would get over it and that he probably didn't mean to do it. I though about that. He would get over it. But would I. He slapped me and his stupid ring is now causing me to get stitches. Can I forgive Marcus.