Chapter Forty

We were now on our way home and right now I felt like shit. I had just lost my dad and I just wanted Ariel. I knew she was the only one who could take away the pain I was feeling so I was in a rush to get back to her. We go there in twenty minutes and just as I was about to fly in Biggy grabbed my arm. "Look I know you hurting but don't bring your anger inside."

"Honestly Big Imma about to grab Ariel and go straight to bed with her in my arms." He nodded and followed me inside and then I turned around. "Thought you were going home?"

"I am but I wanted some food while I eat. I'm hungry as hell," he said rubbing his stomach. When we got in I looked around for any sign Ariel was home and only found some groceries in the living room. I went upstairs to see if she was there but found nothing, hell grandma wasn't even in her room. "Aye man come down here," Biggy yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "What's up?"

"You need to see this." I looked at him like he had lost his damn mind and just followed him. We entered the kitchen and the sight I saw scared the shit out of me. Ariel was covered in blood laid out on a now dead grandma. She was just whimpering and that just made my heart hurt. I bent down to her, "Ariel look at me," I said tilting her head to me. When she looked at me she just started crying. I gently pried her off the body and picked her up. "Man Big call the clean-up crew to handle this I don't want nothing left untouched but be gentle she family." He nodded and pulled out his phone. I now had Ariel leaning on the counter looking at grandma like she was a ghost. "Ariel look at me tell me what happened." She slowly looked up at me her face covered with blood and tears. There was no light but just pain. "M-My dad k-killed h-her," she said looking back down. I lifted up her chin to look at me, "He dead now." Her eyes showed a little light but not completely. The crew had now come so I picked up Air and carried her upstairs into the bathroom. I turned on the shower until it was the right temperature and then began stripping her clothes away. I then took mine off and stepped in with her. I slowly began to wash off all the blood from her body. Even though I was in pain too I knew she was going through more than I ever would over my dad. I didn't have that much of a connection with him but Ariel had just lost her grandma twice and I knew that was taken its toll on her. When I finished I wrapped a towel around her body and mine and picked her back up and carried her to the bedroom. I got one of my shirts and slipped over her and threw on some boxers. I put her in bed rubbed circles in her arm as she just looked up at me. "Thank you," she finally said looking at me. I just nodded and looked down. "What's wrong," she asked sitting up. "Nothing, you need to rest."

"Kameron tell me what's wrong."

"You have had enough bad news today just leave it alone."

"I might be in pain but so are you, now tell me why." I looked at her and just shook my head as a single tear rolled down my face. She patted the space beside her and I complied climbing next to her. She snuggled next to me latching onto me as if I would go somewhere. "Talk to me," she said wiping away the tears I was now shedding. Man I was tired of fucking crying. "My dad died killing your dad." She stopped all movements and just looked at me. "I mean it's funny because I have only known him for only two weeks almost and now he is dead and I feel like my chest has been ripped out."

You loved your dad, you got to know him. He became your dad on that short time and now he is gone."

"I guess. Collin still got away and-"

"Don't think about that right now, right now it's just me and you. Right now this our time to grief together. Think about all of that tomorrow." I nodded and she snuggled more against me. Soon we were both out with me wrapped around her and her wrapped around me.

Ariel POV

I woke up and Kameron was still sleep but I couldn't go back. I was now over the pain caused by my grandma's death but now I was angry. Her words about my mom kept ringing in my head and I was curious. So I decided to text her and get down to the bottom of it. She texted me her address and I got up and got dressed. I didn't feel like being dressed up given my current situation and put on a pair of black ripped jeans and white V-neck T-shirt. I put my hair in a high pony and put on my timbs. I left Kameron a note I was going to see Kelsey and the baby. I knew lying was bad but I had no choice. I got my phone and my gun and headed out.