Chapter Eight

I didn't know where I was going but I just knew I needed to get away from everything. I knew if I went home I would have to tell Kelsey what happened and right now I just needed to forget. Somehow I ended up at Collin's apartment. I don't know how I got here but I just knew he would be the only person that wouldn't ask questions. I slowly got out the car with dried tears on my face and walked into his building. I took the elevator up to his floor and walked to his door. I knocked lightly until he came to the door and he was wearing nothing but pajama pants. You could see his muscular chest which was laced with tattoos. "What's wrong Ariel," he asked stepping toward me. I couldn't say anything so I just stared at him until tears flowed down like a river. Instead of saying anything else he just pulled me close to him. That's when I really started to cry letting everything I have been carrying since I lost my baby girl.

We were now on his couch and he watched as I poured my guts out. After a while I began to settle down to where I could talk a little. "So you gonna tell me why my soon to be wife crying her pretty little eyes to death," he asked wiping away a few tears. I looked down and back up to him, "I found Kameron kissing a girl in the bed we used to share," I said reliving the events. He looked at me and then looked back down as if he was thinking hard about something. When he finally looked back at me I could tell he was trying to suppress his feelings about the situation. "So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know, deep down I thought we would work it out and everything would be okay but now it's like I finally see the light. A part of me wants to go and talk to him and see if we can work it out still, but the other part of me is screaming at me to let his cheating ass go."

"Which side are you going to listen to?"

"Neither right now; I really just want to try to get some sleep and forget about today."

"You know it's not that simple," he said looking at me in the eyes. "Obviously the guy doesn't care about what he stands to lose and is doing his best to show you. I don't understand why you keep making excuses for this guy."

"Of course you wouldn't understand Collin; you didn't lose your child. What he is doing may not be right but I can't say I don't understand why he is doing it. We lost our child and that is not something you can just forget," I said standing up to leave. I needed to get home before Kelsey woke up and saw I wasn't there. "When are you going to stop using the whole my baby died as an excuse. You can't continue to use your dead baby girl every time something bad happens or when one of you screws up. The dude fucking fucked up and hear you are throwing your dead child at the situation to make his actions okay!" I stopped and turned around to face a red faced Collin breathing heavily in and out and all I wanted to do was scream. I didn't understand why he got to be so fucking mad when he didn't just catch the person he loved in bed with someone else. "Don't you ever speak about my baby girl like that again. You have no right to even fucking mention her and also have no damn right to tell me when I get the right to talk about her. You don't know what it is like to go through what I have been through, you asshole!"

"If you didn't want my damn opinion why the fuck are you here in my damn house crying out your damn eyes!"

"You know what you are right," I said gathering my things and leaving. I didn't need to deal with this shit right now, first Kameron and now him.

When I got back home and snuck back to my room of course Kelsey was waiting for me. "What now Kelsey," I asked dropping my things and pulling out a big t-shirt and some boy shorts. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I went to go see Kameron like you said and talk to him."

"And what happened?"

"I caught him fucking another bitch, that's what fucking happened. There really wasn't any talking after that."