Chapter Thirteen

Kameron POV

"I'm here to find out about Ariel Johnson," I said rushing into the hospital they took Ariel. They wouldn't let me ride with them since I wasn't family. The whole way here I was praying and hoping she was okay. "She is in surgery right now," the girl said not looking up from the screen. "Do you know when she would be out?"

"Look sir, when she is out the doctor will let you know. Now can you please take a seat in the waiting room," she said finally looking up at me like I was annoying her. I didn't have time for her bitch ass so I went to sit down. I couldn't believe I had put her in this situation once again. No matter how much I tried she always got her and that shit hurt. I know me and Ariel wasn't on good terms right now but deep down I always knew we would get back together but that couldn't happen if she was dead.

"Hey man what's happening? They tell you anything," Biggy asked sitting down next to me. I shook my head no. "Is Kelsey okay?"

"Nah, she in the back letting the doctors examine her right now," he said shaking his head and putting is head in his hands. Kelsey wasn't in as bad as shape as Air but she was hurt. He had beat her so bad she couldn't even see out one eye, her lips was swollen, and on top of that he had raped her. Kelsey was someone else that had been through her fair amount of shit and that hurt me too. I realized I never really took care of her like I should've and now she was in pain. I looked at Big and could tell this was eating him alive. When she told us what happened to her he almost lost it, I had to tell him to calm down because at that moment she needed him. I don't know how it happened but Big fell for Kelsey and he fell hard. He told her she wasn't leaving his side and even told her she was moving in with him so he could make sure he kept her safe.

"You okay," Big asked me after some minutes passed. "Right now I just need her to be okay. If she okay than I'm okay. We don't even have to be together long as she is living and happy hell I'm happy," I said trying to get the image of her chained to the bed with blood pouring out of her out my head. "Don't think like that we all know you two are going to work things out," Big said patting my back.

"Man Big I don't even care about that anymore. Seeing her like that just made me realize that even if we did get back together I can't guarantee her safety if I stay in the game. I don't want her back if I can't even tell her Imma protect her and mean it," I said feeling a tear drop from my eyes. "she don't deserve this life and I'm not about to let her be in it. I rather let her be with that Collin nigga than to be with me, watching her back wherever she go."

"And what if she doesn't want him but tells you she wants you, you just gonna push her away?"

"She will learn to move on," I said trying to believe my own words. The truth is I dint want her loving no man but me but I knew she wasn't safe with me. My lifestyle would eventually kill her and I refused to let that shit happen. She was my everything and I couldn't lose her to the game like I lost my little girl. The only way I was going to let Ariel back into my life or even think about getting her back was when I knew I could protect without a doubt.

Two hours later

We had been sitting here waiting and waiting for some news on Ariel and I was getting impatient. They let Kelsey out about an hour ago with a prescription in case she became depressed. She hadn't really spoken but just laid on Biggy chest while he rubbed her back. You could tell she was hurting and seeing that just made me wish Dee was here to hold her. It's just something about that first love that could make you forget the pain and make you happy.

"The family of Ms. Johnson," a doctor yelled causing me to leap up. "Yea?"

"Nice to meet you I am Dr. Hale and I was the one that administered in Ms. Johnson's surgery. She lost a lot of blood and we almost lost her twice. Because of the surgery she had when she was pregnant it was difficult for us to stop the bleeding without causing any other major problems. We eventually was able to stable her and once we did she slipped into a comma. So right now all we can do is keep an eye on her and hope she comes out okay."