Chapter Twenty-Three

Kameron POV

I didn't know if I should be happy or sad that my mom was finally getting out. I had lived most of my life without her now she was coming back and I didn't know how to react. When I was little I used to stay up at night wishing my mom was around to tuck me in or even read to me but now I was different. I wasn't a little boy anymore; shit I had my own kids coming. All I wanted was some time with Ariel so that we could hare in the good news, not only was she having my baby but she was coming with me to Atlanta. I just needed a minute to breathe and take all this shit in.

"You okay," Ariel asked as she sat down beside me on the bed. "Honestly I don't know I have been away from my mom for so long I don't know how to act around her anymore."

"Kameron she is your mom the same one that gave you birth and the same one that went to jail protecting you. All you got to do is find a way to reconnect with her so that you two can have that relationship you used to back."

"What if I can't do that," I asked looking at her. "There is no can't, you have to. Look I'm not saying you have to jump on her but I'm just saying give her a chance, she probably thought she would never get a chance like this again."

"Aight fine I will give her a chance," I said trying to believe my own words. "Good now get yo ass up we have to pick her up in two hours and it takes almost an hour and a half to get there," she said slapping me upside the head and going to the closet. I went to the bathroom and did my hygiene thing and then came out to get dressed. By the time I got done Ariel was still searching through clothes to wear like she was meeting somebody important. "Air will you just pick something to wear already?"

"Kameron this is a big deal, I have to wear something that won't make a bad impression."

"You have met my mom already and plus all she gonna be worried about is getting out of that damn hell hole." Finally she picked a pair of black jeans with a black tank and a black and white cardigan. She slipped on her black Toms and grabbed her purse. I was left standing there like what the hell since she chose nothing she had laid out which means she wasted my fucking time for nothing. I just shook my head and followed her out.

Once we finally pulled up outside the prison I was nervous as hell. There was no turning back now and I had to finally face my mom. I guess Ariel could tell I was nervous cause she grabbed my hand, "Just calm down and breathe baby. Everything will be okay I am right here," she said kissing my lips causing me to relax instantly. Soon the gate opened and my mom came walking out with her stuff in her hands. We got out the car and met her half way. "Hey mom," I said not knowing what to say. She didn't say anything as tears ran down her face; she dropped her stuff and grabbed me hugging me tight. For a moment I didn't know what to do but eventually I hugged her back. We stood like that for a while until we pulled back. "I can't believe I finally got to hug you after all these years," she said wiping her tears away. "Yea me neither." She then turned to Ariel, "And you, you are just as beautiful as the first time I met you. Honestly I didn't think you would be able to put up with him for this long," she said smiling. "He can't get rid of me that easily," Ariel said smiling at me.

We got back in the car and headed back home. The ride was very quiet mostly because it was really weird. When we got back to our place we got out and headed inside. "So mom your room is down the hall and tomorrow I will set you up with your own place."

"Don't worry about me sweetie I already have a place lined up but I do want you to meet with me for dinner tonight," she said looking at me and smiling. "Where will you stay then?"

"Somebody I knew in my past life helped me out when they found out I was getting out. All I need you to worry about it is getting to dinner tonight, it's important. Here's the address be there at seven I'll be waiting." With that she left like nothing was going on. All I know is I had a bad feeling about this so called dinner tonight.